Adium Screenshot Competition Discussion

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Adium Screenshot Competition Discussion

Post by Crypt »

*Note these are just my views on the competition. None of this is official or set in stone.

Entries and length: I think we should have the competition be a monthly competition where a user can submit one screenshot per week for the month so that would be a total of 4 screenshots per user per monthly competition.

Rating system: I was thinking of doing it out of 5 like the adium xtras site. Also if we're going to use wordpress for the site we can use this plugin as seen on this site http://www.lesterchan.net/wordpress/ . It's called WP-PostRatings 1.10 .

Site: We could use wordpress with the above mentioned plugin where users register and have author ability so they can post their screenshot for the week. For each week there would be a category so it would be easy to go back (so 4 categories only). The benefit is not only can the user post their screenshot but describe it in any length with the xtras, wallpaper, etc of the screenshot.**this is definitely a rule** Also commenting is a plus too.
"Bite my shiny metal ass!"
- Bender

adiumx DOT com MOTHA F**KA!
Little_Tiger
Frappa

Post by Little_Tiger »

Ok, I can go with that.

So what are "we" going to judge.
Only AdiumX message window and contactlist, or the whole mac osx theme, from Guikit, Wallpaper .(extra programs making the screenshot nicer)...like icons, Windowshade....

let us know!

-=LT=-
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

Little_Tiger wrote:Ok, I can go with that.

So what are "we" going to judge.
Only AdiumX message window and contactlist, or the whole mac osx theme, from Guikit, Wallpaper .(extra programs making the screenshot nicer)...like icons, Windowshade....

let us know!

-=LT=-
Well I was thinking it should be judged on how adium is integrated with the look of your system so with w/e theme (if you are using one), icon sets, growl notification style, Windowshade, etc.

So far adium as far as what counts:
Status icons, message style (if it's customized how customized {opacity, background image, etc}), contact list theme and layout, dock icon...everything that you would see when adium is open and you are using it actively (this could include growl notifications if you can catch them at the time of the screenshot...so the growl notification style and adium's style)
- Bender

Little_Tiger
Frappa

Post by Little_Tiger »

Crypt wrote:
Little_Tiger wrote:Ok, I can go with that.
</snip>
Ok, that's more clear. It's just the whole integration of Adium on your desk!!..
I'll go with that.!

-=LT=-
Simple Child
Harmless

Coolio!!

Post by Simple Child »

This is sounding awesome!!

But what about prizes? Is it that type of competition?

Like, we could get a software license, or maybe a not-so-public beta of adium.

Really looking foward to this,

-Xiggidy-Xaio
Catfish_Man
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Coolio!!

Post by Catfish_Man »

Simple Child wrote: Like, we could get a software license, or maybe a not-so-public beta of adium.
That would be more of a punishment than a reward ;)
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Coolio!!

Post by Crypt »

Simple Child wrote:This is sounding awesome!!

But what about prizes? Is it that type of competition?

Like, we could get a software license, or maybe a not-so-public beta of adium.

Really looking foward to this,

-Xiggidy-Xaio
Hmm. Gotta look into that.
- Bender

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by evands »

For starters, we could have a rotating spot on the Screenshots tab on adiumx.com which would include the winning shot in with the other screenshots.
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

evands wrote:For starters, we could have a rotating spot on the Screenshots tab on adiumx.com which would include the winning shot in with the other screenshots.
That would be awesome.
- Bender

Zeremus X
Crema

Post by Zeremus X »

This is just my opinion but not everyone has shapeshifter and I for one don't have enough RAM to run it without lagging everything else. So would it be ok to not judge shapeshifter themes and stuff like it? I'm trying to figure out how to word this but I think thats what I mean.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

Zeremus X wrote:This is just my opinion but not everyone has shapeshifter and I for one don't have enough RAM to run it without lagging everything else. So would it be ok to not judge shapeshifter themes and stuff like it? I'm trying to figure out how to word this but I think thats what I mean.
No I understand fully, and I'm concerned about that as well. We could split the competition into two sections; with a themed OS and non-themed (default aqua). How about that?
- Bender

Ethion
Crema

Post by Ethion »

Crypt wrote:
Zeremus X wrote:This is just my opinion but not everyone has shapeshifter and I for one don't have enough RAM to run it without lagging everything else. So would it be ok to not judge shapeshifter themes and stuff like it? I'm trying to figure out how to word this but I think thats what I mean.
No I understand fully, and I'm concerned about that as well. We could split the competition into two sections; with a themed OS and non-themed (default aqua). How about that?
That sounds like to much, why not just put themed-os's in a seperate category?
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

Ethion wrote:
Crypt wrote:
That sounds like to much, why not just put themed-os's in a seperate category?
Well yeah I should have been a bit more specific, but yeah two different categories is definitely the way to do it.
- Bender

TheSilverFox06
Grandé

Post by TheSilverFox06 »

Hmm, not sure how well I would do in such a competition :)

I have my contact list hide the edges, so it's slathered with every bit of information available for every online contact, since I know it won't be an eyesore when I'm not using it.