SoC project?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
ubrgeek
Harmless

SoC project?

Post by ubrgeek »

I was looking through the feature requests to see if folks had put in an official feature request for a horizontal contact list. And while the devs said it wasn't going to happen, they did say that part of the "SoC project" was to be able to break up the buddy lists into separate parts. Unfortunately, I can't see how to do a case-sensitive search for "SoC" so I kept getting results that didn't seem to apply. Can someone fill me in on what the "SoC project" is? (Or is it super secret like Macheist #6 *grin*) Thx.

-j
Tipo 61
Grandé

Post by Tipo 61 »

SoC stands for Summer of Code ;)
FredAkbar
Crema

Post by FredAkbar »

Indeed; it's this summer program run by Google, where they basically give coders summer jobs by paying them to work with developers of various projects (such as Gaim and Adium in the past).

http://code.google.com/soc/

The great part is that some of the coders stay with the project and continue to contribute even after SoC is over.
Fred / Adium X 1.2.7
20" iMac w/ Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 256 MB Radeon X1600 / 250 GB HD / OS 10.5.4
FreeRice. Play a free vocab game on this ad-supported site to help fight world hunger.
bgannin
Growl Team

Post by bgannin »

The project for Google Summer of Code 2006 that attempted to deliver tear-away contact list groups was not successfully completed and will not be merged with other GSoC '06 changes in 1.1. This project is available for GSoC '07, with the caveat that a half-completed branch exists for this should such a basis be desired.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?
ubrgeek
Harmless

Ahhh, gotcha

Post by ubrgeek »

Thank you for the prompt answer. Can't wait to see the fruits of the labor :)

-j