My new Emoticons set will not download/install... HELP

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
kookoo2052
Harmless

My new Emoticons set will not download/install... HELP

Post by kookoo2052 »

:? I dont know what i did wrong in makeing it but it got approved and now it will not download or install
please help!! :???:
~{*Rache*}~
aptenergy
Frappa

Re: My new Emoticons set will not download/install... HELP

Post by aptenergy »

kookoo2052 wrote::? I dont know what i did wrong in makeing it but it got approved and now it will not download or install
please help!! :???:
You didn't make your emoticon set correctly (it probably shouldn't have been approved in the first place). It's not as simple as putting a bunch of icons into a folder; Adium has no way of knowing which emoticons are which, and it can't "look" at the smileys to see what they mean. To make one successfully, download another emoticon set off the Adium Xtras site, figure out how it is put together, and then edit your own emoticon folder to match.
kookoo2052
Harmless

im on a mac

Post by kookoo2052 »

i got help from someone, but it doesnt work :cries: due to the fact that i am on mac (OS x) :: . so i cant see how the other ones are made... please someone tell me how to do it on a mac!!!! :umm: :smt102:
~{*Rache*}~
djbsquared
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by djbsquared »

Adium is mac only, all of these were made on a mac.
m2e
Mocha

Re: im on a mac

Post by m2e »

kookoo2052 wrote:i got help from someone, but it doesnt work :cries: due to the fact that i am on mac (OS x) :: . so i cant see how the other ones are made... please someone tell me how to do it on a mac!!!! :umm: :smt102:
Try looking at another emoticon set from Adium Xtras. Start off by right clicking (or control-clicking) on the ".AdiumEmoticonset" file and selecting Show Package Contents. Then have a look at the .plist file in text edit.
Hope it helps
kookoo2052
Harmless

thank you

Post by kookoo2052 »

i got it
!!!!!!!!
thank you all so much
~{*Rache*}~
Zeremus X
Crema

Post by Zeremus X »

m2e wrote:
kookoo2052 wrote:i got help from someone, but it doesnt work :cries: due to the fact that i am on mac (OS x) :: . so i cant see how the other ones are made... please someone tell me how to do it on a mac!!!! :umm: :smt102:
Try looking at another emoticon set from Adium Xtras. Start off by right clicking (or control-clicking) on the ".AdiumEmoticonset" file and selecting Show Package Contents. Then have a look at the .plist file in text edit.
Hope it helps
Ive got to try that!
kookoo2052
Harmless

Post by kookoo2052 »

m2e wrote:
Hope it helps
thank you so so so much!!
now its perfect!
~{*Rache*}~