Why is File Transfer for MSN so slow?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
RodL
Harmless

Why is File Transfer for MSN so slow?

Post by RodL »

Using Adium for my msn messenger account. file transfer is unbelievably slow... bumped into this site pls check out the last but one para... does it mean nothing can be done the rate is meant to be low?
bgannin
Growl Team

Post by bgannin »

Correct. Until a newer protocol implementation is finished there is no technical way to work around this.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?
RodL
Harmless

Post by RodL »

Oh too bad... hope libpurple's gonna support direct person-to-person transfer soon...
evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by evands »

FYI, one of the Pidgin summer of code projects -- by a student who writes that he is getting involved with libpurple because he is a daily Adium user who wants to improve libpurple (*proud*) -- aims to implement this. Hopefully he'll be successful :)
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)
djmori
Mocha

Post by djmori »

evands wrote:FYI, one of the Pidgin summer of code projects -- by a student who writes that he is getting involved with libpurple because he is a daily Adium user who wants to improve libpurple (*proud*) -- aims to implement this. Hopefully he'll be successful :)
woow that's good news!
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

evands wrote:FYI, one of the Pidgin summer of code projects -- by a student who writes that he is getting involved with libpurple because he is a daily Adium user who wants to improve libpurple (*proud*) -- aims to implement this. Hopefully he'll be successful :)
that's just awesome.
"Bite my shiny metal ass!"
- Bender

adiumx DOT com MOTHA F**KA!
Simba Cub
Crema

Post by Simba Cub »

Sweeeeeeeeet :grin:

Rich::