Unable to see display pictures?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
azninvasion
Harmless

Unable to see display pictures?

Post by azninvasion »

Hey guys,

I'm using Adium X 1.0.2, and I love it. One thing though... I can't see all of my contact's display pictures (I use MSN and AIM).

I asked a friend if he has a display picture, and he says he does, yet I cant see it on his. But for some others with MSN, they're visible.

Does anyone know why this is?
InfernoSoul
Muffin

Post by InfernoSoul »

I don't know exactly why but for some reason adium can't update Windows Live Messenger contacts' display pictures. That is about all I know. I have the exact same problem too, that and almost all my contacts on any service their avatars hardly ever update. Not sure if there is a planned fix anytime soon. You could check the trac.

Here's a quote from one of the Dev's from another topic;
evands wrote:Adium supports normal Yahoo buddy icons but does not support the "avatar" functionality at this time.

MSN users using the most recent MSN client for WIndows won't have their display pictures shown in Adium at this time because of a protocol incompatibility; hopefully this will be fixed in the coming months during the Google Summer of Code.
"?Ii kagen ni shiro, kono kuzuyarô!?"
azninvasion
Harmless

Post by azninvasion »

Thanks IS. Yeah it's not a big deal, but it is a bit annoying at times. Hope they can figure it out sometime.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

Mod Note: Thread moved to proper forum.
"Bite my shiny metal ass!"
- Bender

adiumx DOT com MOTHA F**KA!