Smaller Message Window?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
mikelite80
Harmless

Smaller Message Window?

Post by mikelite80 »

I'm looking to reduce the size and bulk of a message window. For my contact list I use "boarderless" and "dark Floating Background" which gives me a very smooth and simple window. I'd like something similar for the message window. I don't need all the stuff on the top of the window and I'd like it be be transparent. I have a mostly black desktop so I'd love to just see some simple tabs and white text with a transparent window. I'm guessing this is more of a Adium thing as all the Xtras seem to just affect inside the message window and not the window it self.

So is this possible, am I crazy or would others use something like that?

Mike

PS I'm new here but LOVE adium!
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

Something like this ?

If so:

Hit the pill shaped button on the top right of the message window, that will collapse the toolbar. For the toolbar to re-appear hit the pill shaped button again or it's simply cmd+shift+t

To make the background seem transparent, well you have to just modify the message style by using a customized background. Not all message styles work with transparency/custom backgrounds. So to do this go into the Messages section of Adium's preferences. Look towards the bottom of the where it says Background. Make sure you have the Use Custom Background checked. The image should be set to normal, so now the little color box and foold around with the colors and opacity settings to your liking. Mine is as follows

"Bite my shiny metal ass!"
- Bender

adiumx DOT com MOTHA F**KA!
mikelite80
Harmless

Post by mikelite80 »

Ah smart man you are. I never even thought about the color transparency.

Mike