msn group chat, nicknames of contacts not on your list.

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
zerock
Crema

msn group chat, nicknames of contacts not on your list.

Postby zerock » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:52 pm

well i would like so their nicknames without having to add them to my list, is that posible? if not, i think it should be implemented.

Strifer
Frappa

Re: msn group chat, nicknames of contacts not on your list.

Postby Strifer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:52 am

zerock wrote:well i would like so their nicknames without having to add them to my list, is that posible? if not, i think it should be implemented.

um... so you mean that your 'friend on your list a' adds you into a conversation with four unknown people and you only see the emails of the people who are not on your list and not their nicknames?

are you sure this is also in chats? i thought it showed their nicknames there, but i'm not sure. you are right about them being emailaddresses in that grouplist next to the chatwindow and i think too, that chatnames would be usefull.. just like a regular contact would show. maybe make them darkgrey instead of black or something to show that thery are not on the list or give them a purple status thingy or something.

zerock
Crema

Postby zerock » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:46 pm

yeah exactly what you said, i mean i can use amsn, and see their nicknames, they can see mine. so its only fair.

Strifer
Frappa

Postby Strifer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:16 pm

zerock wrote:yeah exactly what you said, i mean i can use amsn, and see their nicknames, they can see mine. so its only fair.

okay, we might have to put this up as request then. contac one of the devs to report it; if they aren't allready have it on their to-do list.

Sean
Latté

Postby Sean » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:47 pm

It would be very useful to see the nickname instead of the email address in MSN group chats. I like the idea of making contacts not on your list in gray too.

Jass Interactive
Harmless

Postby Jass Interactive » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:42 am

yeah also, if you accept someone to be able to talk to you, it should also add them to your lis automatically... like when they add you to their list you get that pop-up, you accept but they are not added to the list, you haven to do it manuelly. I think it should automatically add them.

Strifer
Frappa

Postby Strifer » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:45 am

Jass Interactive wrote:yeah also, if you accept someone to be able to talk to you, it should also add them to your lis automatically... like when they add you to their list you get that pop-up, you accept but they are not added to the list, you haven to do it manuelly. I think it should automatically add them.

this is discussed in another thread and yes.. it should be there and the devs will work on it once other more pressing matters are solved.

Return to “Adium”