switchboard?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
runinguy
Harmless

switchboard?

Postby runinguy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:54 pm

while using MSN i often receive this error message:

Message could not be sent because an error with the switchboard occurred:

what exactly is a switchboard? would this problem be coming from within adium or is it due to my current internet connecion?

xiamenese
Latté

Re: switchboard?

Postby xiamenese » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:15 pm

runinguy wrote:while using MSN i often receive this error message:

Message could not be sent because an error with the switchboard occurred:

what exactly is a switchboard? would this problem be coming from within adium or is it due to my current internet connecion?

Yes, I'm getting this quite often too ...

Mark

runinguy
Harmless

Postby runinguy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm

does it also randomly disconnect and then automatically reconnect about 20-30 seconds later?

xiamenese
Latté

Postby xiamenese » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:34 am

runinguy wrote:does it also randomly disconnect and then automatically reconnect about 20-30 seconds later?

It was doing that yesterday, when I was not on my home (wireless) network but in a cafe with a wireless network, though not in my usual seat and in a much less good position in relation to the router so with a weaker signal. I attributed it to that, I must admit. Also, I had real problems connecting to MSN and AIM over the weekend ... I have not been able to connect to QQ for some time, but that I will take up elsewhere.

Mark

RickB
Harmless

Postby RickB » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 pm

xiamenese wrote:
runinguy wrote:does it also randomly disconnect and then automatically reconnect about 20-30 seconds later?

It was doing that yesterday, when I was not on my home (wireless) network but in a cafe with a wireless network, though not in my usual seat and in a much less good position in relation to the router so with a weaker signal. I attributed it to that, I must admit. Also, I had real problems connecting to MSN and AIM over the weekend ... I have not been able to connect to QQ for some time, but that I will take up elsewhere.

Mark

I had this last night on my home computer. I thought maybe it was my cable modem being flaky.

Now at work this morning, and the same thing is happening and I'm connected through a T-1 line.

hollerz
Muffin

Postby hollerz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:53 pm

I've been seeing this recently too. Although I think my routers on its last legs so I'm blaming that for now!

Return to “Adium”