Adium 1.3svn + libpurple with MSNP14 enabled

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
zerock
Crema

Re: Adium 1.3svn + libpurple with MSNP14 enabled

Post by zerock »

hippy dave wrote:thanks visionkrew for the build, trying it out now & it seems to be working well :)

i just tried out that facebook plugin as well - it appeared to connect, but didn't show any other signs of working (didn't show any friends online, tho i know some were) and it also stopped msn from working properly - messages weren't visible in the message window. any ideas anyone?
some changes where made on the facebook protocol, therefore, it's currently not showing the list.
hippy dave
Muffin

Post by hippy dave »

ok thanks for the info.
zerock
Crema

Post by zerock »

just in case i wasn't clear enough. Some changes were made on the facebook end. it's not on adium. But since facebook is going to have Jabber/XMMP support, we should wait for that instead of fixing the hack.
VanillaIcee
Harmless

Post by VanillaIcee »

Hey Hippy (and anyone else interested)

I just got a facebook plugin working with 1.2.5. Shows Facebook chat in contact list and seems to work fine. Also it seems to work with 1.3svn (you may need to override the plugin included in the application bundle by installing this one though).

http://rapidshare.com/files/116558869/F ... Plugin.zip
hippy dave
Muffin

Post by hippy dave »

cool thanks :D
i've installed the plugin, i can't connect to the facebook account at the moment, but i'm having trouble with both the facebook website and facebook chat in my browser right now too, so the plugin isn't the problem. this version doesn't break the msn chat for me like the previous version did.
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

I have been running this 24/7 for over a month now with no big problems.

The only real problem is that the token patch doesn't work so after 8h+ sending offline messages and doing anything with the user list will fail until you reconnect.

The other weird stuff I was experiencing with buddy icons not updating was something temporary with the server I was connected to it seems since it haven't happend to me or my friend for like three weeks.

It also doesn't detect mobile users properly but this should be fixed in msnp15 now and there are some uncommited patches for it too.

Since QuLogic is working on a new solution for the token problem it will hopefully be fixed soon so that msnp15 can be default in Adium 1.3(.x) and pidgin 2.5.0. :grin:

I will continue to run this build until there is a newer one with msnp15 since I can't go back to msnp9 after being used to msnp15.
Arandil
Harmless

Post by Arandil »

Could someone clarify where I can set a personal message? I've enabled the "show screen names as status messages" but I can't find anything related!
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by zac »

Well, first off, you need to disable that.

Second, set it as you would any other status message.
allannyholm
Muffin

Post by allannyholm »

Great that I now have MSNp-14 enabled but each time I login I get an error from Adium or rather MSN, telling me that there has been an "unknown error 241" "Unable to add user"

I had gotten a request that "xxx@hotmail.com" was not on the buddylist but only serverside. I forget the exact wording. Then I decided to decline that request because that person has changed her address that she uses to login with on MSN - so I saw no point in having the old one hanging around.

I have since added that person's old email address to my buddylist but the error still occurs.

What am I supposed to do? Can I somehow get rid of this window upon startup which basically only has an "OK" button.

Thanks, I hope someone can shed some light on this matter.

I'm of course using the build that visionkrew published a few pages back.
Chiotas
Harmless

Post by Chiotas »

Bug report: opacity on personalization of messages can be set but does not work.

Any new update inbound??
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by zac »

Chiotas wrote:Bug report: opacity on personalization of messages can be set but does not work.

Any new update inbound??
That's been fixed in trunk for a bit now.
Chiotas
Harmless

Post by Chiotas »

Thank for reply, but i don't understand the meaning of "trunk for a bit"..sorry, i write from Italy :P

By the way..any chanche to set in Message setting to display/hide the upper part of the chat window? (like for contct list for example)

Persnal messages works fine for me!
BouncinDave
Harmless

Post by BouncinDave »

Any idea when we will be seeing Adium 1.3 entering beta?

I know that the final is scheduled for June 30th!
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

A new token patch is out so it would be nice if someone could build a new version with of the msnp15 branch with these patches applied http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/4875 & http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5212.

If the new token patch work then most of the msnp15 problems should be fixed and there might be a chance that it can be included in 1.3. :)
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

I tried to build the latest svn with the msnp15 branch + token fix & login.live.com fails patch but it seems to fail on adiumPurpleConnection.o so I thought it might be because current svn is using a newer version of libpurple so I propagated that revision to the msnp15 branch and applied the patches but then it failed on adiumPurpleConversation.o so it seems that something have changed in msnp14/15 lately that makes it impossible to build with Adium. So I think that the new_msn part of Adium must be updated before it's possible to build Adium with the latest msnp14/15 stuff.

I might be doing something wrong when building though so who knows.

EDIT: Nevermind, it fails on the same place when I try to build it with msnp9 so it seems that the libpurple framework build scripts aren't working as they should.
EDIT2: ** BUILD SUCCEEDED ** :grin: Had to change some stuff in SLPurpleCocoaAdapter.m --> #include <libpurple/oscar-adium.h> to #include "libpurple_extensions/oscar-adium.h"
NiKo2005
Harmless

Post by NiKo2005 »

Dimmuxx wrote:I tried to build the latest svn with the msnp15 branch + token fix & login.live.com fails patch but it seems to fail on adiumPurpleConnection.o so I thought it might be because current svn is using a newer version of libpurple so I propagated that revision to the msnp15 branch and applied the patches but then it failed on adiumPurpleConversation.o so it seems that something have changed in msnp14/15 lately that makes it impossible to build with Adium. So I think that the new_msn part of Adium must be updated before it's possible to build Adium with the latest msnp14/15 stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, it fails on the same place when I try to build it with msnp9 so it seems that the libpurple framework build scripts aren't working as they should.
EDIT2: ** BUILD SUCCEEDED ** :grin: Had to change some stuff in SLPurpleCocoaAdapter.m --> #include <libpurple/oscar-adium.h> to #include "libpurple_extensions/oscar-adium.h"
Is the token problem fixed? Thanks.
BouncinDave
Harmless

Post by BouncinDave »

Dimmuxx wrote:I tried to build the latest svn with the msnp15 branch + token fix & login.live.com fails patch but it seems to fail on adiumPurpleConnection.o so I thought it might be because current svn is using a newer version of libpurple so I propagated that revision to the msnp15 branch and applied the patches but then it failed on adiumPurpleConversation.o so it seems that something have changed in msnp14/15 lately that makes it impossible to build with Adium. So I think that the new_msn part of Adium must be updated before it's possible to build Adium with the latest msnp14/15 stuff.

Does this mean you're gonna share? :razz:
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

NiKo2005 wrote:Is the token problem fixed? Thanks.
I'll know in a couple of hours hopefully. Got disconnected from msn which happens from time to time before the token was supposed to be updated before.
BouncinDave wrote:Does this mean you're gonna share? :razz:
The developers didn't really appreciated the old build so I won't share it but if the token patch is working then most of the bugs in msnp15 are fixed and it might be in 1.3 officially. If the token patch work but it's not in in 1.3b1 and won't be in final then I will probably make a msnp15 version of 1.3b1 and so on and if I get an okay from the devs I will post it here.
hippy dave
Muffin

Post by hippy dave »

i thought the devs said it was ok to share your build as long as you made it clear that it was unofficial and unsupported. oh well, i'd love to get a copy of your build, but not if it's going to cause any problems :)
BouncinDave
Harmless

Post by BouncinDave »

hippy dave wrote:i thought the devs said it was ok to share your build as long as you made it clear that it was unofficial and unsupported. oh well, i'd love to get a copy of your build, but not if it's going to cause any problems :)
Yeah, I'm sure they did, because (I seem to remember them saying something like "We don't use MSN so you guys testing is great).

But if not, you could give us instructions on how to roll our own version :D O:)