Adium 1.3svn + libpurple with MSNP14 enabled

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Dimmuxx
Crema

Re: Adium 1.3svn + libpurple with MSNP14 enabled

Post by Dimmuxx »

Hmm, I found some weird bug. It seems I can only send one OIM and then I have to reconnect to be able to send another one so I haven't been able to really test the token updating yet. :/

Edit: Can anyone with the old build confirm if the same thing happens in it? Login and then try to send 2 offline messages and see if the second one fails or not. Another bug that's in my build is that I can't open a message window for msn contacts that are offline, is this possible to do in the old build or not?

Edit 2: The patch doesn't work and if you try for example to add a user after the token expired it will flood the msn server with bad token update requests until you log out so it's NOT a good idea to make a public build with the new token patch.
Morgan
Harmless

Post by Morgan »

Dimmuxx wrote:Hmm, I found some weird bug. It seems I can only send one OIM and then I have to reconnect to be able to send another one so I haven't been able to really test the token updating yet. :/

Edit: Can anyone with the old build confirm if the same thing happens in it? Login and then try to send 2 offline messages and see if the second one fails or not. Another bug that's in my build is that I can't open a message window for msn contacts that are offline, is this possible to do in the old build or not?

Edit 2: The patch doesn't work and if you try for example to add a user after the token expired it will flood the msn server with bad token update requests until you log out so it's NOT a good idea to make a public build with the new token patch.
I've been using the version posted earlier in this thread for a few weeks now and I can confirm that every second offline instant message seems to be discarded, at least when chatting someone who is invisible. I've been getting around it by entering every message twice hehe. I haven't needed to reconnect to keep sending them and I am able to open windows for offline/invisible people no problem though.

And yeah, despite the bugs I can't go back to the main version of Adium, these new features are just too handy since most of my contacts use MSN. Silly PC people. Sigh. Sure hope 1.3 comes out soon.
markes
Muffin

Post by markes »

anything new in 1.3?
hippy dave
Muffin

Post by hippy dave »

don't think so (not in the context of this thread anyway)
Chiotas
Harmless

Post by Chiotas »

Is it possible to have a 1.3b2+MSNP14 built??
Please, i love personal messages :'( :'( :'(
alexildj
Harmless

Post by alexildj »

Hello....I'm italian boy....
Why now i can't see contact's avatars?
Before i can see whit 1.3 svn+ libpurple...but...now i can't see...!!
Why??
Thanks and sorry about my english....
DeathAxe
Frappa

Post by DeathAxe »

alexildj wrote:Hello....I'm italian boy....
Why??
This version is completely unofficial and built on unstable code, which means bugs and unexpected problems are more likely to happen. Remember that this build is NOT supported by the Adium team in any way.
Image Please search the forums and trac before posting!
alexildj
Harmless

Post by alexildj »

Thanks DeathAxe :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

Why??
There is a bug in this build which does that but it goes away if you reconnect.
alexildj
Harmless

Post by alexildj »

Dimmuxx wrote:
Why??
There is a bug in this build which does that but it goes away if you reconnect.
:sad: :sad: :sad:
I try to reconnet adium....but...i can't see user's avatars....
I see the butterfly...
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY :? :? :? :? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

MSNP14/15 won't be ready for 1.3 but there might be a chance that msn-pecan can be in 1.3 or at least as a plugin. msn-pecan is an alternative msn branch that's based on libpurple which supports msnp12 atm which means it has support for personal messages.

Once the token bug is fixed in msnp15 I will build adium with msnp15 and upload it somewhere. ;)
Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Robby »

alexildj wrote:[...]
You should get a lifetime ban on these forums for your exuberant use of emoticons! :razz:
Last edited by Robby on Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexildj
Harmless

Post by alexildj »

Dimmuxx wrote:
Once the token bug is fixed in msnp15 I will build adium with msnp15 and upload it somewhere. ;)
Thank Thanks :grin: :grin:
zerock
Crema

Post by zerock »

Dimmuxx wrote:MSNP14/15 won't be ready for 1.3 but there might be a chance that msn-pecan can be in 1.3 or at least as a plugin. msn-pecan is an alternative msn branch that's based on libpurple which supports msnp12 atm which means it has support for personal messages.

i hope msn-pecan becomes at least a plugin.
hammerDUCK
Harmless

Post by hammerDUCK »

well im now using adium 1.3 B3 and even in the earlier betas with facebook chat there is a slight problem
if you are logged in to facebook while using facebook chat on adium replies to instant messenger chats only apper on facebook not adium
can this be fixed?
evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by evands »

BouncinDave wrote:
hippy dave wrote:i thought the devs said it was ok to share your build as long as you made it clear that it was unofficial and unsupported. oh well, i'd love to get a copy of your build, but not if it's going to cause any problems :)
Yeah, I'm sure they did, because (I seem to remember them saying something like "We don't use MSN so you guys testing is great).
Completely right. As long as the build is clearly marked as unofficial, both on its page and in the version number within the program itself, no worries :)
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

Adium 1.3b3+ (revision 23993) with libpurple from im.pidgin.cpw.qulogic.msn (revision 5ec131b7963df7614ef71243e12b2b558eb5211f).

+ Applied http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5982 (Needed because I can't compile libpurple framework without this change)
+ Changed NEW_MSN to TRUE (Needed if msnp14/15 is being used instead of msnp9)
+ Changed #include <libpurple/oscar-adium.h> to #include "libpurple_extensions/oscar-adium.h" in SLPurpleCocoaAdapter.m (Needed because I can't build Adium without this change)

This have a new token patch that *should* work but I haven't been able to test that yet since I just built it. If you wanna help test it go ahead but don't blame me, adium devs or pidgin devs if it messes up everything for you. It seems to work for me with no problems so far at least.

!!! UNOFFICIAL BUILD !!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?fn3rubmlxna
!!! UNOFFICIAL BUILD !!!

If you think it's worth the risk to download and use this then please enable log to file in the debug window so that you will have a debug log in case something goes wrong and report any bugs you find that are related to msnp15.

Edit: I thought there were something wrong with my old build (revision 23989) but it seems that there is a problem with dep build scripts atm which makes the powerpc part of libmeanwhile framework wrong. This new image should work for powerpc too.

Known issues:
logging in with a @msn.com account doesn't work --- Will probably be fixed in my next build
Last edited by Dimmuxx on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
hippy dave
Muffin

Post by hippy dave »

thanks dimmuxx :D
i'm trying it out now (with debug logging enabled) - i notice that like the last unofficial build, this one says the same two users want to be added to my contact list, every time i connect to msn. any ideas why that would be/anything i can do to stop it?

edit: facebook chat works in this one :D
BouncinDave
Harmless

Post by BouncinDave »

Thanks for that dimmuxx!
hippy dave wrote:thanks dimmuxx :D
i'm trying it out now (with debug logging enabled) - i notice that like the last unofficial build, this one says the same two users want to be added to my contact list, every time i connect to msn. any ideas why that would be/anything i can do to stop it?

edit: facebook chat works in this one :D
I'm having exactly the same bug on mine... It's the two people who most recently added me on MSN.

Doesn't show up in the 1.3b3 :???:
valete
Harmless

Post by valete »

with msnp14 and 15 shouldn´t we have better speeds in trasnfers using msn portocol?