UNOFFICIAL Adium with msnp15 testing

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: UNOFFICIAL Adium with msnp15 testing

Post by zac »

The window shaker is not recommended to be used at all; there's a few bugs which cause problems.
giandrea
Harmless

Post by giandrea »

OK, now I understand why it's not loaded by default. I tried asking on the IRC channel, but I got no reply.
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

giandrea wrote:Why don't you enable the AIWindowShaker plugin in your builds, so we get a nice effect when someone sends a buzz or a nudge? It's just a matter of adding a line to CoreComponents.plist. You should add

Code: Select all

<string>AIWindowShaker</string>
so the plugin is loaded everytime Adium starts.
Personally I think there should be an option in the interface to turn it on/off because it is too invasive.
I won't add that because I hate stuff like nudges etc. :P
BouncinDave
Harmless

Post by BouncinDave »

Any fixes for:

Display pictures not updating in the message window (but do update on the server)

People who have recently added me to their contacts still require authorisation (even though I've accepted them already)

?
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

BouncinDave wrote:Display pictures not updating in the message window (but do update on the server)
That's probably an Adium bug if you see the right one in the contact list. I had that problem when I was running a local xmpp server as a msn gateway..
BouncinDave wrote:People who have recently added me to their contacts still require authorisation (even though I've accepted them already)
Nope, does this happen to anyone else who uses msnp15 here?
revolution
Crema

Post by revolution »

Dimmuxx wrote:I won't add that because I hate stuff like nudges etc. :P
Glad to hear!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work you've been doing. It's great to see some active development on MSN, which in the UK is the main IM protocol.
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

Build 24028 is out with a lot of bug fixes so everyone should update to that unless of course you are testing if contact list actions work after being online for more than 24h atm. :cool:
Last edited by Dimmuxx on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMario64
Harmless

Post by MrMario64 »

I am not sure if the msn15 has anything to do with this or in what way, but what is the status of custom emoticons ?
Is that something that currently can be compiled in as well as I thought the thread on pidgin about this was closed as it was implemented ?

Thanks for the awesome work and letting us enjoy MSN.
It is bad enough M$ is giving us outdated programs so viva la opensource to keep us up to date (and people like you :) )
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

MrMario64 wrote:I am not sure if the msn15 has anything to do with this or in what way, but what is the status of custom emoticons ?
Is that something that currently can be compiled in as well as I thought the thread on pidgin about this was closed as it was implemented ?
cbarrett is working on that but I don't think that anything is ready yet but if he has something that he wants tested then maybe it would be a good idea to include it in my builds.
http://trac.adiumx.com/ticket/506
Wolfwood
Harmless

Post by Wolfwood »

Dimmuxx wrote:Build 24028 is out with a lot of bug fixes so everyone should update to that unless of course you are testing if contact list actions work after being online for more than 24h atm. :cool:

edit: lol, OIMs doesn't work at all in this one. ;)
Why doesn't OIMs work? :D
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

Wolfwood wrote:
Dimmuxx wrote:Build 24028 is out with a lot of bug fixes so everyone should update to that unless of course you are testing if contact list actions work after being online for more than 24h atm. :cool:

It was just a bug that just happend to me for the first time today so it's not related to the latest changes and OIMs will work better in 24028 than they do in any older builds. :bitchin:
Wolfwood
Harmless

Post by Wolfwood »

Dimmuxx wrote:
Wolfwood wrote:

It was just a bug that just happend to me for the first time today so it's not related to the latest changes and OIMs will work better in 24028 than they do in any older builds. :bitchin:
Oh well 8-)
Thissa
Harmless

Post by Thissa »

So I just tried 24028 and here are my observations...

Talking to invisible users works perfectly for me, with the exception that the invisible user must initiate the conversation with the non-invisible user. Also if the invisible user closes the chat window then the non-invisible user is no longer able to respond (probably related). Invisible to Invisible chatting probably doesn't work, though I haven't tested it.

I'll give it a whirl in an actual chat scenario tonight with my friend. So far it seems good enough to replace regular Adium for me now!
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

Thissa wrote:So I just tried 24028 and here are my observations...

Talking to invisible users works perfectly for me, with the exception that the invisible user must initiate the conversation with the non-invisible user. Also if the invisible user closes the chat window then the non-invisible user is no longer able to respond (probably related). Invisible to Invisible chatting probably doesn't work, though I haven't tested it.

I'll give it a whirl in an actual chat scenario tonight with my friend. So far it seems good enough to replace regular Adium for me now!
It should work to start a conversation with an invisible user. The message will be sent like an OIM and then when the user replies to that a switchboard will be created. Clients should get a message that they have an OIM and then recieve it from the server. Try to be invisible in Adium and then let an online user send a message to you.
Thissa
Harmless

Post by Thissa »

Dimmuxx wrote:It should work to start a conversation with an invisible user. The message will be sent like an OIM and then when the user replies to that a switchboard will be created. Clients should get a message that they have an OIM and then recieve it from the server. Try to be invisible in Adium and then let an online user send a message to you.
I have Mac MSN which does not allow you to initiate conversations (open chat windows) with offline/invisible users, only Windows MSN (and some third party clients) allow you to do this as far as I know. I don't have Windows MSN so I can't test this though.

Here are steps to reproduce my experiences with 24028:
1) Open one account on Adium and go online. Open another account on Mac MSN and go invisible.
2) In Adium, open up a chat window to the offline/invisible Mac MSN contact and send a message.
3) The message is not received in Mac MSN.
4) In Mac MSN, open up a chat window to the online Adium contact and send a message.
5) The message is received in Adium.
6) Converse back and forth, everything works.
7) In Mac MSN, close the chat window to the online Adium contact.
8) In Adium, send a message to the offline/invisible Mac MSN contact.
9) The message is not received in Mac MSN.
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

Thissa wrote: I have Mac MSN which does not allow you to initiate conversations (open chat windows) with offline/invisible users, only Windows MSN (and some third party clients) allow you to do this as far as I know. I don't have Windows MSN so I can't test this though.
lol, does Mac MSN even support offline messages? It seems it doesn't because you can't initiate chats with invisible users so that's just because Mac MSN is crap and no bug with msnp15. No wonder you didn't recieve the OIMs then. :P

You can log in with two accounts in Adium and test.
Harmless

Post by 008325 »

can i ask one question ?

did it get it faster while using MSNP15 in File Transfer ?
Wolfwood
Harmless

Post by Wolfwood »

008325 wrote:can i ask one question ?

did it get it faster while using MSNP15 in File Transfer ?
No,the transfer protocol is the same of the past version of adium.
MacCuajo
Latté

Post by MacCuajo »

A little bug , I don't know if it's official Adium or this one , but when I go from Invisible state to Available , the Adium dock icon starts to move it's wings and still appear in that "crystal" color..
Mac Rulez !
MacBook 2.1Ghz
4GB RAM
Morgan
Harmless

Post by Morgan »

Dimmuxx wrote:
BouncinDave wrote:Display pictures not updating in the message window (but do update on the server)
That's probably an Adium bug if you see the right one in the contact list. I had that problem when I was running a local xmpp server as a msn gateway..
BouncinDave wrote:People who have recently added me to their contacts still require authorisation (even though I've accepted them already)
Nope, does this happen to anyone else who uses msnp15 here?
Yes I get this, it's very frustrating. EDIT: tried deleting the blist.xml as suggested but this did not fix it. Going to a web IM site such as Meebo and removing and re-adding the contact works though. Obviously this is not convenient :P