UNOFFICIAL Adium with msnp15 testing

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Dimmuxx
Crema

Re: UNOFFICIAL Adium with msnp15 testing

Postby Dimmuxx » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:50 pm

SLMalling wrote:Well dimmuxx, you can rest easy, it's a change in the official trunk that broke it, so nothing to do but wait until the plugin updates.

Good! ;)

Fog
Harmless

Postby Fog » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:39 am

Nice work!!! Keep going :grin:

Kayne
Harmless

Postby Kayne » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:58 pm

For me it's totally usable now, since offline messages seem to work like a charme :)
Now the only thing that's left for me is to be able to send custom emoticons... there are so many good ones in Adium Xtras but unfortunately I can't share them to MSN users :(

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Kayne wrote:For me it's totally usable now, since offline messages seem to work like a charme :)
Now the only thing that's left for me is to be able to send custom emoticons... there are so many good ones in Adium Xtras but unfortunately I can't share them to MSN users :(

The problem is that Adium is using msn-pecan now which doesn't support custom emoticions so I don't think there will be much work done on it atm. :(

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:40 pm

We will see. :cool:

biglittledragoon
Crema

Postby biglittledragoon » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:01 pm

Robby wrote:We will see. :cool:

oO

Too much or not enough. :P
Knowledge MUST be shared!
La Connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée!

My X(tras)
Image The French Team on Twitter

Wolfwood
Harmless

Postby Wolfwood » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Dimmuxx wrote:
Kayne wrote:For me it's totally usable now, since offline messages seem to work like a charme :)

The problem is that Adium is using msn-pecan now which doesn't support custom emoticions so I don't think there will be much work done on it atm. :(

But we belive in you :smt066

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Build 24106 is out and it should fix the authorization request and some other contact list bugs so please test it. :cool:

It also includes a security fix. I haven't seen many issues reported lately so I assume that most are known already or that you just have stopped to report them. ;)
My 24028 build has over 1000 downloads so it seems that my builds are popular. :)

Since it looks like 1.3 will have msn-pecan instead of msnp15 we will probably have to wait until 1.4 to have official offline message support unless msn-pecan gets that functionality for 1.3.1 or something. There's still a chance that msnp15 will be merged and enabled by default in im.pidgin.pidgin before 1.3 final is out but I don't think 1.3 final will have it anyways.

Since there are probably over 1000 msnp15 users out there at the moment feel free to report here if it works for you without no problems now with the latest build so that maybe the Adium developers will change their mind and choose msnp15 over msn-pecan in case it gets merged and enabled before 1.3 final. ;)

skyworker
Harmless

Postby skyworker » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Dimmuxx,
I'm testing it since 24003 and everything is ok 8-)! Not a sort of problem adding or removing contacts...just a initial problem chatting with invisible friends and now with Skype's plugin but I see that is a compatibility problem between it and last SVNs
Anyway great job man :P

BouncinDave
Harmless

Postby BouncinDave » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Everything is working great. No problems to report here captain! :cool:

echoes
Harmless

Postby echoes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:36 pm

i still having problems to update the display picture from my contacts and my own, is too slow, but I think its an adium problem, excluding that everything is great not problems at all, great work!

Chiotas
Harmless

Postby Chiotas » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:14 pm

Anyplan to relase b5 unofficial update with msnp15? Thanks

c4software
Harmless

Postby c4software » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi,
Today, i update Adium in B5, and i am really surprised, i always have "statut message" on MSN contact. Strange no ?

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Chiotas wrote:Anyplan to relase b5 unofficial update with msnp15? Thanks

hmm? I did a build with a newer revision than the official b5 today.

c4software wrote:Hi,
Today, i update Adium in B5, and i am really surprised, i always have "statut message" on MSN contact. Strange no ?

The official build have msn-pecan which is msnp12 and that supports status messages but not offline messages.

Ps. read the first post please.

Chabou
Harmless

Postby Chabou » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:22 pm

I've been testing it for few weeks now, and I got 3 of the bugs mentionned : #2, the one about the 24hours delay, and #8. I just downloaded your latest build, but it seems that you're right telling that the bug #8 shall be fixed now.
I got a last authorization request when starting build 24106, but then after not anymore ! So cool, it really was an annoying bug. :) So now the 3 bugs I had are fixed. ^^

I've only been using 24106 for half an hour so it may be too soon to say it, but from the latest build I encountered no issue. So I wouldn't be surprised if it would be merged into im.pidgin.pidgin. :D

Anyway, thanks for your work Dimmuxx and thanks to QuLogic btw too. :D I hope you'll keep going even after 1.3 is out. ;)
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ;)

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:35 pm

Chabou wrote:I've been testing it for few weeks now, and I got 3 of the bugs mentionned : #2, the one about the 24hours delay, and #8.

The 24h token issue you mean?

Chabou wrote:I got a last authorization request when starting build 24106, but then after not anymore ! So cool, it really was an annoying bug. :)

Yeah that's because the authorization worked the first time you started it. ;)

superawesomeme
Harmless

Postby superawesomeme » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:54 pm

thank you for this awesome set of builds. much better and more stable than the official BETAs, I love it!

Chabou
Harmless

Postby Chabou » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Dimmuxx wrote:
Chabou wrote:I've been testing it for few weeks now, and I got 3 of the bugs mentionned : #2, the one about the 24hours delay, and #8.

The 24h token issue you mean?

Yeah this one, I wasn't able to remember the name it has been given, and I hadn't had the strength to search for few pages earlier. ^^"

Dimuuxx wrote:
Chabou wrote:I got a last authorization request when starting build 24106, but then after not anymore ! So cool, it really was an annoying bug. :)

Yeah that's because the authorization worked the first time you started it. ;)

Yes, I was pretty sure it would be like that, I just wanted to mention it so that people won't be surprised.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ;)

jakudo
Muffin

Postby jakudo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:00 am

How can I download just the MSN 15 into my Adium? I had to upgrade because of ICQ protocol, but there is no MSN15... Is possible somehow to download just the MSN?

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:09 am

Dimmuxx is working on a new build.

Return to “Adium”