UNOFFICIAL Adium with msnp15 testing

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Kayne
Harmless

Re: UNOFFICIAL Adium with msnp15 testing

Postby Kayne » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Well, it seems it was really because of the servers... just one person in my contact list is now missing the buddy icon. They came back like 2 hours ago.
But the buddy icons just disappeared when I installed the new build, probably a coincidence...

Sorry for the inconvenience. O:)

BouncinDave
Harmless

Postby BouncinDave » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:45 pm

Yeah, another confirmation that my icons are all appearing now :P

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Good to hear! Mine are still missing though. ;)

Edit: I got one icon now so I'm sure they all will come back eventually. :)

Thissa
Harmless

Postby Thissa » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 am

BouncinDave wrote:Basically what happens is, I set my status to invisible, and get the see through icon. Then whenever I send or receive a message I get Image. The duck doesn't stop waving at all.

Then if I try to change status, the status changes, but the icon doesn't update, and keeps waving:

My guess is that adium doesn't recognise offline messages properly, and doesn't reset the icon after receiving one... But you'd probably know better!

This happens to me as well - but ONLY when communicating with clients who don't support OIMs (i.e. the official mac msn client, or the current official build of adium).

ivendor
Harmless

Postby ivendor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:55 pm

i have 24179 build, and i can't see icon too. There is something with msn server...

visionkrew
Harmless

Postby visionkrew » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:38 pm

servers are OK. the libpurple framework contains a bug which prevents the online buddies' DPs from downloading...

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:41 pm

visionkrew wrote:servers are OK. the libpurple framework contains a bug which prevents the online buddies' DPs from downloading...

Are you sure about that? It updated three display pictures last time I logged in.

24281 should have the same buddy icon updating system as 24028 had which you said worked before.

Wolfwood
Harmless

Postby Wolfwood » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Dimmuxx wrote:
visionkrew wrote:servers are OK. the libpurple framework contains a bug which prevents the online buddies' DPs from downloading...

Are you sure about that? It updated three display pictures last time I logged in.

24281 should have the same buddy icon updating system as 24028 had which you said worked before.

I had 24179,no avatar in my buddy list today.
Now i've updated to 24281,same problem.
Until now all was fine so i guess that it's a msn servers problem

visionkrew
Harmless

Postby visionkrew » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:00 am

I'm sure it's either an Adium or libpurple bug. The last "perfect" build was 24028. I've tested all since then, and DPs are never updated when you sign in. People didn't recognise this because they didn't clear caches when updating...

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:14 am

visionkrew wrote:I'm sure it's either an Adium or libpurple bug. The last "perfect" build was 24028. I've tested all since then, and DPs are never updated when you sign in. People didn't recognise this because they didn't clear caches when updating...

You don't have to clear the cache because if people have changed their display pictures since you were logged in they will be updated when you login.

hippy dave
Muffin

Postby hippy dave » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:35 pm

i'm running your latest build, it just crashed on me out of the blue (not in response to anything in particular that i did) - i can provide the crash log if you'd like, but i noticed the crash seemed to be related to facebook (AIFacebookIncomingMessageManager), so maybe it's something in the facebook plugin, and not to do with your build in particular.

i'll see if it happens again i guess...

visionkrew
Harmless

Postby visionkrew » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Yes...this is how it works theoretically. But the builds after 24028 are not updating DPs when you log in...I've just said that most people don't realise the problem because Adium still shows some DPs for your buddies...but they are from the cache, and not updated when you sign in. So it's hard to notice this problem.

SLMalling
Harmless

Postby SLMalling » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:14 pm

visionkrew wrote:... But the builds after 24028 are not updating DPs when you log in.

It's odd that you don't point to http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/info/5f2d00798a4ceb0549cf17769fcaace186d9efa2 from 2 days ago which allegedly fixes the buddy icon updating, meaning there is a bug... well until the next build comes out.

On a side note, music sending does not seem to work for me... sure, there is a checkbox(accounts=> msn=> private), but it does not do anything as far as I can see.

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:37 pm

SLMalling wrote:
visionkrew wrote:... But the builds after 24028 are not updating DPs when you log in.

It's odd that you don't point to http://developer.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/info/5f2d00798a4ceb0549cf17769fcaace186d9efa2 from 2 days ago which allegedly fixes the buddy icon updating, meaning there is a bug... well until the next build comes out.

24281 have the same buddy icon updating as 24028 so it should be the same but the servers seem to be wacky atm so that might be the reason.

SLMalling wrote:On a side note, music sending does not seem to work for me... sure, there is a checkbox(accounts=> msn=> private), but it does not do anything as far as I can see.

You don't see anything but contacts on your list do. (I haven't tested it since I don't use iTunes but it should work.)

hippy dave wrote:i'm running your latest build, it just crashed on me out of the blue (not in response to anything in particular that i did) - i can provide the crash log if you'd like, but i noticed the crash seemed to be related to facebook (AIFacebookIncomingMessageManager), so maybe it's something in the facebook plugin, and not to do with your build in particular.

i'll see if it happens again i guess...

That's probably a facebook bug so it's not interesting for me.

Wolfwood
Harmless

Postby Wolfwood » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:32 pm

visionkrew wrote:Yes...this is how it works theoretically. But the builds after 24028 are not updating DPs when you log in...I've just said that most people don't realise the problem because Adium still shows some DPs for your buddies...but they are from the cache, and not updated when you sign in. So it's hard to notice this problem.

Now with the latest build (and the cache cleaned up) some contact have an avatar...

neckaros
Harmless

Postby neckaros » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:25 pm

i now have a problem with contacts avatars too with last builds

Chabou
Harmless

Postby Chabou » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:22 am

atm I have got back all my contact's DP and I'm now using 24281. :) So I stay convinced it was a msn servers problem. ^^
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ;)

visionkrew
Harmless

Postby visionkrew » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Chabou wrote:atm I have got back all my contact's DP and I'm now using 24281. :) So I stay convinced it was a msn servers problem. ^^

No, you are wrong about this.

PLease read http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/6302 to find out why you see your buddies' DPs now. Anyway, this is a libpurple bug.

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:02 pm

visionkrew wrote:
Chabou wrote:atm I have got back all my contact's DP and I'm now using 24281. :) So I stay convinced it was a msn servers problem. ^^

No, you are wrong about this.

PLease read http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/6302 to find out why you see your buddies' DPs now. Anyway, this is a libpurple bug.

That's a different problem.

Dimmuxx
Crema

Postby Dimmuxx » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:10 am

changelog for pidgin 2.5.0 wrote:* Update MSN support to protocol 15

It's here! Now just let's hope that the Adium developers wanna switch to msnp15 for 1.3 too. :bitchin:

Return to “Adium”