How do I sign off? not just appear offline.

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
LilySmooch
Harmless

How do I sign off? not just appear offline.

Post by LilySmooch »

I'm really new to Adium and this bored, so I apologize if this has already been asked.
This is regarding MySpace IM.
But how do I sign off so that other people sharing my computer cannot IM people on my contacts... I get that you can quit Adium (I'm on a MAC), and appear offline, but when you open Adium again, they do not ask for a password before you can start sending IM's and receiving them. I'm just wondering if there's a way that I can actually SIGN OFF so that the next person to open Adium will have to be asked for an email address and password to proceed. Also; what if I have already signed into myspace IM with MY email and MY password and account and everything, but then a friend wants to sign onto THEIR myspace IM. How do I sign ME out so that they can get onto THEIR myspace IM? (Sorry about the EMPHASIZING. haha)

Thanks!!
LilySmooch
Harmless

Re: How do I sign off? not just appear offline.

Post by LilySmooch »

I'm dumb. Board; not bored. Fuck.
David Munch
Grandé

Post by David Munch »

If you remove your password in the Accounts preferencespane, it asks for a password for that user, each time you start Adium.

And if you want different users in Adium, you can hold down the Alt-button when starting up Adium. This gives an option of having several users.
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:
revolution
Crema

Post by revolution »

Adium has a 'Connect Guest Account" option under the file menu for when you want a friend to connect. To stop Adium remembering your password, uncheck the option under the accounts preferences.