MSN Spam bots

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
duklaa
Muffin

MSN Spam bots

Postby duklaa » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:57 pm

I am being bombarded with MSN Spam bots. One way to stop this would be to "allow messages only from certain contacts". But the problem with this is that there are people who are in my "accept list" but not in my "contact list" (i.e. people that I have deleted but not blocked). I would want these people to be able to message me if they want to and I fear that allowing messages only from certain contacts will block these people along with the spam bots.

Any ideas/solutions?

David Munch
Grandé

Re: MSN Spam bots

Postby David Munch » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Easy, add them to your list. You can always put them in a seperate group and collapse it.
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

duklaa
Muffin

Postby duklaa » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:24 pm

That's a workaround but not one that will work for me. I don't want to see notifications when these people login, logoff etc. (after all there's a reason why I deleted them). The other MSN clients (aMSN or Mercury or even MS ones) handle this situation correctly. Does Adium?

In general, I find that the 4 levels of privacy settings in Adium are not the most intuitive :( (e.g., it's unclear what "certain contacts" means and it's also unclear whether the meaning is the same for all services).

Simba Cub
Crema

Postby Simba Cub » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:36 pm

I hate these damn things.

Rich::

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Simba Cub wrote:I hate these damn things.

Rich::

Well, that was helpful! :P

alcmaer
Latté

Postby alcmaer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Allowing "only certain contacts" will allow all contacts in your acceptlist, not only the ones in your contactlist.

Return to “Adium”