Having problems with Adium yahoo and Msn contacts

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
KayTee
Harmless

Having problems with Adium yahoo and Msn contacts

Post by KayTee »

Hi, I'm new here and I'm not sure if this was answered already but can someone help me plz?

I been using Adium for a few days now and I like it. Only problem I been having is tha on my yahoo account only my yahoo friends are appearing. I read some of the Old post and to me it seems like I have to make a MSN account or Gmail account inorder to see my friends using those clients.

Is there a simple way of doing this?

I am using old Adium since I am on Mac 10.3.9

please help,
Thank you
K.T
David Munch
Grandé

Re: Having problems with Adium yahoo and Msn contacts

Post by David Munch »

MSN, Yahoo and Gtalk are using seperate networks. You have to create an account on each of those services, in order to see your friends using those specific services.

For MSN go to https://accountservices.msn.com/
For Gtalk, go to http://gmail.google.com/

Remember you can use all of these accounts at the same time, using Adium.
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:
KayTee
Harmless

Post by KayTee »

yeah, I understand what you're saying but it's quite a hassle to make new accounts and then get ppl to add me again.
I'm asking this because through Yahoo messenger these people using other clients can still add you and vice versa. Same thing as MSN ppl being able to chat to yahoo friends.
On yahoo messenger I can see all these ppl.

I was wondering if there was a way? but I guess not.
David Munch
Grandé

Post by David Munch »

Well, it takes about a minute to make an account, and even less to send an email to all of you friends I guess.. But that's your decision.

MSN and Yahoo does indeed support interconnectivity, but I don't actually know if it works in Adium. Have you tried adding an MSN user to your Yahoo account and vice versa?

And you can make Jabber-portals through Gtalk to other networks, but it is definately not worth the hazzle..
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:
Dimmuxx
Crema

Post by Dimmuxx »

David Munch wrote:MSN and Yahoo does indeed support interconnectivity, but I don't actually know if it works in Adium. Have you tried adding an MSN user to your Yahoo account and vice versa?
It works more or less 100% in 1.4 but you need os x 10.5 for that.