Json-CRITICAL Console message

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
ricmsmith
Harmless

Json-CRITICAL Console message

Postby ricmsmith » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Is anyone else getting constant (at least once a minute) entries in their console message stating, "08/11/2009 19:51:19 [0x0-0x6ab6ab].com.adiumX.adiumX[12068] (process:12068): Json-CRITICAL **: json_node_get_int: assertion `node != NULL' failed" ?

I'm running 1.4b15 on OS X 10.6.1, I'm unsure if it occurred in earlier versions or if this is new to b15.

The application seems to be otherwise stable and hasn't crashed. However the constant log entries (or the cause of them) seems to be preventing my machine from sleeping. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dominus
Muffin

Re: Json-CRITICAL Console message

Postby Dominus » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:52 pm

yes, these console messages are there for me as well and have been for a while (meaning the last few betas...)

jwinn
Harmless

Postby jwinn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:21 am

It may be of limited utility, but these messages are extremely common for me on 1.3.8, without ever having installed any beta version on this computer. The constant console messages appear to be preventing timed system sleep, but no other direct problems can be seen.

Running 10.6.2 with AIM, Yahoo, Facebook, Google Chat accounts active.

sparker
Muffin

Postby sparker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:56 pm

These messages are still occurring in 1.4b17 on Mac OSX 10.6.2. They should be pretty easy to trap/squash with the dev tools. Why is this taking so long to get resolved?

I realize we're running "beta's", but still....

Steve
Steve P
Somewhere in Colorado

David Munch
Grandé

Postby David Munch » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:13 am

On trac, zac has replied that this bug is too minor to be worth fixing.. :/

It annoys the hell out of me too..
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

sparker
Muffin

Postby sparker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm

David Munch wrote:On trac, zac has replied that this bug is too minor to be worth fixing.. :/

It annoys the hell out of me too..

I got a chuckle out of darmok's reply to zac. I guess we should all ignore compiler warnings too, since they can be to trivial to care about... Until we crash the Mars lander into the surface of Mars... (yeah, I know that wasn't the cause, I'm just trying to make a point that CRITICAL errors are errors, no matter how "trivial")

Steve
Steve P
Somewhere in Colorado

hippy dave
Muffin

Postby hippy dave » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:27 am

absolutely drowning the system log with messages is not "trivial".

however, if those messages are just related to the facebook plugin (i think that's what i read, and i don't seem to be having them since i disabled the plugin) then i guess now it genuinely is a non-issue.

David Munch
Grandé

Postby David Munch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:29 am

Shifting to using Facebook over XMPP removes all the console messages, so that might be a solution for you guys. Proper names and avatars work, so unless you *really* need status messages in Adium, go XMPP!
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

Dominus
Muffin

Postby Dominus » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks David for the tip of using XMPP.

David Munch
Grandé

Postby David Munch » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 am

Don't know I didn't link to this guide in the first place, on how to set up FB using XMPP.. :)

Dominus
Muffin

Postby Dominus » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:45 am

the other nice side effect is that it doesn't log me out as often now. With the facebook plugin it seemed to me that everytime I opened the facebook site I had to re-login..

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 am

Yeah.

As the plugin author, Eion Robb, pointed out in a blog post the instability in connection is inherent to the server software that drives non-XMPP Facebook Chat.

Return to “Adium”