Don't want Facebook groups

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
martinreed
Harmless

Don't want Facebook groups

Post by martinreed »

I have only just discovered the forums, so don't have precise details of the versions that I've been using (am now on 1.4b15), but the recent change whereby Facebook groups are now replicated in Adium is driving me nuts. Previously I had individual groups, plus a Facebook group. That was fine.

Now I have all the individual Facebook groups as groups within Adium (some of which duplicate the name of my non-Facebook groups, but that's by the by, that's my choice), and within each group the contacts are sorted by online/idle/away status, while other contacts in groups lower down the window are actually online but I cannot see them because the group has scrolled off the bottom of the window.

The only menu option I seem to have is to have groups or no groups for everything, not to group or not group Facebook contacts, which is just as bad. I just want it back the way it was, so that it's my Facebook contacts that are scrolled off the bottom of the screen if they are away, not whatever group happens to be down the bottom of the list.

Thanks in advance for a fix back to "normality".
zerock
Crema

Re: Don't want Facebook groups

Post by zerock »

i see their use, but would like an option.
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by zac »

You can disable groups for chat on the facebook website. In the chat pane, click on "friends lists."
ryowa
Harmless

Post by ryowa »

zac wrote:You can disable groups for chat on the facebook website. In the chat pane, click on "friends lists."
I have done it that way, but some of them still remains.

EDIT: Oh.. my bad.. everything seems fine now. I just removed and add back FB acc once again.
tohvanah
Harmless

Post by tohvanah »

Running Adium 1.4b17 ... OS X 10.5.8 PPC ...

Am I right, this is still an issue? I go to Facebook web chat and disable the display of groups. OK that helps in Adium by simplifying the view. However when I put Facebook contacts into my usual Adium groups, it adds those Adium groups in Facebook Lists. It creates new Lists (groups) in Facebook... This is entirely undesired.

All I want is an option in Adium to manage Facebook groups locally!
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by zac »

Sorry, not going to happen. We don't create local groups for any other service, Facebook won't be an exception.
drmoque
Latté

Post by drmoque »

Is this feature of Facebook Groups available in Adium 1.3.10 or is it a beta only feature? ( I know that Pidgin added it recently and I was actually trying to find out if it was possible in Adium).

I actually would like to have the Facebook groups show up in Adium but they are not even though I do have them turned on in the Facebook Chat.

Thanks.
Dr Q
iMac & MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.7, Portable Adium using AdiumX 1.4.1