Finder Like Windowed Adium

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
OZFive
Harmless

Finder Like Windowed Adium

Postby OZFive » Thu May 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Is there any way to get Adium to look a bit more lie this? I am not crazy about multiple windows and all with it. I would like to get it all in one window and maybe looking kind of finder like. The tabs would make more sense along the side in this setup I thought.

Anyone have any ideas if there is one? If not is this something interesting for someone to do and actually possible?

My ugly cut and paste attempt at showing you my idea.

David Munch
Grandé

Re: Finder Like Windowed Adium

Postby David Munch » Fri May 28, 2010 9:18 pm

The idea itself is old, and something that has been discussed before. We are quite a few that would love it, but since it would be a major undertaking, no one has started work on it.
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

Simba Cub
Crema

Postby Simba Cub » Sun May 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Fascinating idea but perhaps a bit ott?

Rich::

David Munch
Grandé

Postby David Munch » Mon May 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Simba Cub wrote:Fascinating idea but perhaps a bit ott?

Why?
For Vienna issues: Please search Github before posting! Otherwise, file a bug report on Github.

If you are interested in helping out with the development of Vienna, see the Vienna website for details. All levels of programming experience are welcome! :grin:

Simba Cub
Crema

Postby Simba Cub » Mon May 31, 2010 5:53 pm

David Munch wrote:
Simba Cub wrote:Fascinating idea but perhaps a bit ott?

Why?

It just seems a little overbearing to me, that's all.

Rich::

OZFive
Harmless

Postby OZFive » Mon May 31, 2010 7:00 pm

It might be for the light casual user, but for people like me that use it for work purposes and sometimes have more than 10 tabs open for conversations it would be a blessing. Situating the windows next to each other of course give me some similar function to this, but it would be nice to just have the one window.

David Munch
Grandé

Postby David Munch » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:43 pm

I actually find it much more straight forward, than having two separate windows..

MSTRKRFT
Harmless

Postby MSTRKRFT » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:36 am

I don't like it because I like to make all my windows as small as possible and situate them around the screen with my main work being in the middle.

Return to “Adium”