MSN messages from contacts fail to deliver

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Yuuja
Harmless

MSN messages from contacts fail to deliver

Post by Yuuja »

Hello, I've been having an on-going problem with receiving messages on MSN when using the betas for a while now. It seems that either MSN or Adium may be rejecting messages sent to me, by everyone on my contact list. It occurs when we are actively having a conversation and when there is a lull. On my end, I am not aware that a message to me is rejected, but my contacts receive this message:

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients: *insert failed message text here*

and it sometimes occurs repeatedly until one randomly makes it through. This is with all MSN conversations and only occurs when using the betas since around 1.4b5 or 6 I think. At first I thought it was my network or computer, but it still occurs now that I'm on a different mac and network.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Brethzel
Harmless

Re: MSN messages from contacts fail to deliver

Post by Brethzel »

Exactly the same problem... It's really boring, and I have to use another client, it's so sad :'(
Pingveno
Harmless

Post by Pingveno »

I encountered same problem.
I can exactly login to my msn account and can even see friends' statuses yet they cannot send any message to me.

What surprising is, I can send message to friend then start a chat! :?
xiamenese
Latté

Post by xiamenese »

Have you tried checking your account using the official MSN client? There seem to have been a number of threads recently in which people having substantially the same problem have found that way that for some reason all/nearly all/the contacts in question have somehow got blocked.

This is merely a guess from me, I don't know that much, but ...

Mark
Pingveno
Harmless

Post by Pingveno »

My msn account works correctly using official MSN for Mac as well as Web MSN on msn.com.
When using official MSN for Mac, I got some problem which friends using Windows also encountered.(certain contacts is marked blocked but actually not.) Yet the Web MSN works well.

Friends using Adium 1.3 doesn't get problem with MSN, perhaps it's the beta version's bug. :/
AriaPictures
Muffin

Post by AriaPictures »

Pingveno wrote:My msn account works correctly using official MSN for Mac as well as Web MSN on msn.com.
When using official MSN for Mac, I got some problem which friends using Windows also encountered.(certain contacts is marked blocked but actually not.) Yet the Web MSN works well.

Friends using Adium 1.3 doesn't get problem with MSN, perhaps it's the beta version's bug. :/
Not just a beta bug, i am on 1.4.1 and i have had the same issues as you all have Since AUGUST of 2010... and no fix yet.
I did it, I sawed the legs of the periodic table.
KariNeko
Harmless

Post by KariNeko »

Hi, I'm having the same problem of "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients"... :'( since a lot of time.