not recieving all friends messages [msn]

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
blakidy
Harmless

not recieving all friends messages [msn]

Post by blakidy »

a while back I tried out the beta release of adium, and it worked perfectly fine. Then maybe a few months later my friends started pointing out how sometimes I wouldn't get all the messages they would send me. This issue began to go so extreme, that I decided to downgrade back to 1.3, and the issue disappeared.

Anyway I recently upgraded to 1.4 and the issue is here yet again! And it looks very similar to the same issues I had with the beta beforehand, so I've downgraded once again.

I know finding the cause won't be easy, I'm just curious to hear if anyone else has had any similar issues? I haven't read anyone else have this issue so far, but you never know I guess. Anyone have any suggestions what I should do?

I don't know if it's a MSN issue or if it extends to the other services, because I only use Adium for MSN(and when I used the beta, Twitter).

Is there any likelihood that an add on or something is messing with it?
AriaPictures
Muffin

Re: not recieving all friends messages [msn]

Post by AriaPictures »

Well, since 1.4 update, I cannot log into the msn service, although it says I am, but it says I am not logged on their end and they are not logged on on my end.

And when I log in using MSN messenger, adium gives me an error that I logged in somewhere else.

So it knows I was logged in, just not seeing anyone and vice versa.
I did it, I sawed the legs of the periodic table.
snowstar
Harmless

Post by snowstar »

I have the same problems

1) my friends can never see me as online. i've tried this with mac, pc, iphone and bb users - all with the same result. i tried adding my own msn nick to my friend's list and i clearly see myself as online. i can even send myself messages.

2) friends who try to respond to my messages gets the message bounced all 99.99% of the time.

please please please help. i did not change any settings and adium was working beautifully for the past 2 years.
Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Robby »

Make sure you haven't got anyone blocked. Your description sounds very much like your contacts got blocked by mistake.

Privacy Settings --> Block certain contacts --> Remove those that have been blocked.
c640180
Harmless

Post by c640180 »

I think I'm having the same problem. I can't see any of my MSN contacts as being online, and they don't see me online. This was working so well before the 1.4 and 1.4.1 versions....
delfina
Harmless

Post by delfina »

Thanks Robby, I tried to look all over this page http://trac.adium.im/ but couldn't put my finger on this one !
AriaPictures
Muffin

Post by AriaPictures »

Robby wrote:Make sure you haven't got anyone blocked. Your description sounds very much like your contacts got blocked by mistake.

Privacy Settings --> Block certain contacts --> Remove those that have been blocked.
not a block issue...
I did it, I sawed the legs of the periodic table.
Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Robby »

In my experience, it has been for some users so scratch that. =-)