Not a single message is sending to my MSN contacts on adium

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
H!T
Latté

Not a single message is sending to my MSN contacts on adium

Post by H!T »

Today and just today, all day long i have been getting an error every time i try and talk to someone on msn. This also is happening on microsoft messenger for mac(but i dont get errors it just doesnt send) .... does anyone know whats going on? is one sever of msn down or what? I use 1.3.7 version of adium since thats been the most stable for me. I also noticed even though neither of those work, for some reason meebo is working. Did something happen to my computer or is something screwy going on? I checked my host file and it hasnt been modified either. I also reset my modem. Running on OSX 10.6.6
AriaPictures
Muffin

Re: Not a single message is sending to my MSN contacts on adium

Post by AriaPictures »

not an technical precise answer, but yes, there is something screwy going on and we cannot blame Adium for it...

msn is doing some freaky things with their new v8 of messenger where you can video chat, which is causing some issues with the service.

no idea what to do other than tell my friends to get a different account like yahoo so we can continue to chat.
I did it, I sawed the legs of the periodic table.
H!T
Latté

Re: Not a single message is sending to my MSN contacts on adium

Post by H!T »

Ive had v8 of messenger on my computer for some months now so i dont see how its causing an issue with their server and no the video chat never worked for me ever. =/

I found out that if you go into the preferences for Adium and under each msn account go to EDIT? > Options > then Connect Via HTTP and that appears to make things function again as a temporary fix.

I just figured i would get more direct answers here as to why it worked one way but not another since im scared if losing the people I need to talk to since a lot of them MSN is the only thing they have D: so i hope this doesnt get worse. I dont know where the heck people are supposed to contact microsoft about these kind of things, they act very shady at times xD as i was doing a search apparently this has been a problem for some years O___o but maybe that was a different cause for that problem

Is this a mac use only problem? I asked other friends and no one else had problems with it.