Sounds not working *solved*

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
riguitargod
Harmless

Sounds not working *solved*

Postby riguitargod » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey all,

I'm running Adium 1.4.1 on OS X 10.6.6.

My sounds no longer work in Adium. No matter what I seem to try, nothing will make noise. I tried deleting the preference file ~/Library/Preferences/com.adiumX.adiumX.plist, and that didn't seem to make a difference.

I haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling yet, as the help says that rarely makes a difference. If I end up going this route, do I have to do anything to make sure my logs get saved?

I can't say for certain when they stopped working. I upgraded to Snow Leopard within the last 2 months. It's very possible that they stopped working then, but again, I can't say for sure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
-Justin
Last edited by riguitargod on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

riguitargod
Harmless

Re: Sounds not working

Postby riguitargod » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 pm

So I still have no sounds. I tried removing the app and reinstalling yesterday, but of course that didn't help.

Any suggestions anyone??

It's now Adium 1.4.2 on OS X 10.6.8

rubah
Harmless

Postby rubah » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Do you have any statuses (away/available, etc) that might be set to "Mute Sounds"?

mccloud35
Harmless

Postby mccloud35 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:55 am

I have the same problem. Tried installing different sound sets as well. Sounds don't work.

Seeme like a bug.

Using Adium 1.4.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.3

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:51 am

Check System Preferences > Sounds. What is your "Sound Effects" tab "Play sound effects through:" set to? The volume level?

What's your volume set at in the Adium Events preference?

riguitargod
Harmless

Postby riguitargod » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:54 am

zac wrote:Check System Preferences > Sounds. What is your "Sound Effects" tab "Play sound effects through:" set to?

This was my problem! I had installed something that let me move sounds to different channels, and must have at some point set that to another channel. I can't remember for the life of me when or why, but that was it.

I had given up, and I moved to iChat, only to find that sounds didn't work there either. Googling the problem with iChat came up with many hits with this suggestion, and that fixed it!

Return to “Adium”