Adium says idle constantly now that I've moved to Lion...

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Rockin' Kat
Harmless

Adium says idle constantly now that I've moved to Lion...

Postby Rockin' Kat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:14 am

Hi,

For the second time, I've upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion... last time it went pretty badly and I set things back to before the upgrade.

It's been a bit of a while so I thought I'd give it a try again. So far... I haven't hit the super nightmare I had last time... but last time it took a few days before it really hit the fan...

That said I noticed an issue with Adium: the menu bar icon and the icon in the Dock both go straight to idle status icons very shortly after adium is opened. I have myself in my own contact list though and it does not look as though I am appearing as idle to others. I didn't find anything else on this. It is kind of odd.

I'm presently using Adium with two IRC networks, ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM, Facebook, and GoogleTalk. All I do is open it, it logs into my accounts, pulls up my auto-loading IRC channels, the typical IRC system messages come up and it bounces it's alert about them, as soon as I've closed or viewed allthe IRC system message tabs so it isn't alerting me of new messages it then, with no delay, goes from alert icons to the idle status icons in the dock and menubar. No activity I do seems to change this.

Mac OS Lion 10.7.3
Adium 1.4.4

Rockin' Kat
Harmless

Re: Adium says idle constantly now that I've moved to Lion...

Postby Rockin' Kat » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 am

Well, you see this is how you fix it.... you notice that your screen saver is also behaving oddly.... that the computer is going straight to screensaver the moment the login screen shows and also the moment you log in. Then you'll look that up and find this thread on that topic. There you'll see that the solution for that problem is to uninstall Air Display.

Doing this also turns out to fix this problem you're having with Adium and idle indication.

I think I'll forward this weird issue to the people behind Air Display too.

cwpatric
Harmless

Postby cwpatric » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Uninstalling Air Display fixed this problem for me. What a strange issue.

lexh
Harmless

Postby lexh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Ran into the same problem. Rather than uninstalling it, I just set Air Display to not "Automatically Connect" and that also fixes the "idle" status

Return to “Adium”