Adium 1.5.x and iTunes 10.6.3 problems

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
RPMozley
Harmless

Adium 1.5.x and iTunes 10.6.3 problems

Postby RPMozley » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi all, not been back here for some time.

Anyway, is anyone else having issues with current Adium 1.5.x and iTunes 10.6.3? Specifically with the chat window toolbar and the iTunes item. If the item is added to the toolbar the whole bar fails to show at all (manually adding the item to the plist - as can't be done using customize, see next line). Trying to customize the toolbar (without the iTunes item added) results in no drop down sheet at all and you're left with an unusable toolbar, with the only thing you can do is move the icons around (closing the window and reopening is the only option to restore functionality).

Yes I know I should probably submit a ticket about this, I will do but I just wanted to check if others are seeing the same thing.

RPMozley
Harmless

Re: Adium 1.5.x and iTunes 10.6.3 problems

Postby RPMozley » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:03 pm

The exact fault is to do with Adium trying to load the iTunes icon file but can't because this version's icon file has only 1024px down to 256px and is missing all the smaller icon sizes. All the smaller sized icons are in a separate file named "iTunes_Leopard.icns" (512px to 16px) and after swapping this for the normal named file Adium no longer has the problems I listed previously.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Adium 1.5.x and iTunes 10.6.3 problems

Postby Robby » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks a lot for hunting down the cause! I think that should make fixing the issue a lot easier. I've opened a ticket here: http://trac.adium.im/ticket/16046. I will quote you. =-)

Please add anything you find relevant here or (even better) in the ticket.

Return to “Adium”