Bring back certain features in v.81!

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Son of a Preacher Man
Crema

Post by Son of a Preacher Man »

jstamos wrote:Updated message styles do have the away message in the box. Please use one that has been updated for .8.
I'm not sure that's right, to be honest. :?

[edit] Nah, it probably is right. :)
Last edited by Son of a Preacher Man on Thu May 05, 2005 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vlcice
Muffin

Post by Vlcice »

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but I thought I might as well put it in the "restore features" thread. ;3 Bring back plaintext logs, please!
ob1
Harmless

away window.. show time away

Post by ob1 »

First off.. you guys are awesome. Thanks for making such a versatile and wonderful app that everyone can customize to their own liking. A+ for you.

Am I missing a pref that shows the time I've been away since. I remember it was like: "Away since 5:02 (30 minutes)" That was awesome.. cuz I used it to see how long I slept, showered, all kinds of things. :)
ferguson
Harmless

Mute while Away...

Post by ferguson »

What I miss the most from .77 is the mute while away option... I don't know if it's gone, or if I just can't find it. I always have adium on, but often I'm away. And it's slightly annoying to be watching a movie, and hear a duck quack. Is there a way to mute while away in .8 short of turning off all the alert sounds? And if it's gone, can you add it back? I loved it.
Son of a Preacher Man
Crema

Only if you show the little Away window.
John Don
Frappa

Re: away window.. show time away

Post by John Don »

ob1 wrote:Am I missing a pref that shows the time I've been away since. I remember it was like: "Away since 5:02 (30 minutes)" That was awesome.. cuz I used it to see how long I slept, showered, all kinds of things. :)
I used the away message window for this same purpose as well. It helped me to become more organized, lol :)
I'm... kinda tired... I think I'll go home now.

-Forrest Gump

I'm an Adiumite!
Thinine
Harmless

Post by Thinine »

ob1 wrote:Am I missing a pref that shows the time I've been away since. I remember it was like: "Away since 5:02 (30 minutes)" That was awesome.. cuz I used it to see how long I slept, showered, all kinds of things. :)
Yes, bring back the Away palette! If you use a borderless window for your contacts, there's currently no way to tell if you're away. That's highly annoying.
The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by The_Tick »

Thinine wrote:
Yes, bring back the Away palette! If you use a borderless window for your contacts, there's currently no way to tell if you're away. That's highly annoying.
Yes there is, go look in preferences and enable the away button thinger
DJeMeCouche
Muffin

Post by DJeMeCouche »

jstamos wrote:
DJeMeCouche wrote: I rarely, if ever use the shortcut so i find it really aggrivating that the default is available when going through the menu.
You realize there are TWO customs, right? :) One below available and one below away?
Ah-Ha! back to feeling stupid about myself... I'll get used to that eventually... but now that I look at it, it makes sense... Nicely Done.
Wengero
Crema

Post by Wengero »

Thinine wrote:
looking at your dock icon(almost all of them have a seperate look when your away)
apraetor
Harmless

Post by apraetor »

evands wrote:We may bring back that sort of selector perhaps. But your steps to do what you want are more complicated than necessary; the custom away window automatically contains your current away state when you select it. So:
Status->Old State
Status->Custom
type type
press OK

is all you need to do.
That is not the behaviour it exibits. Following your directions I get a blank custom window with the state set to "available". For "Status->Old State" I selected an old state, with my status as away.
Son of a Preacher Man
Crema

Sounds like you're selecting the wrong "custom..." - choose the one with the away icon next to it.
MacMom
Crema

Post by MacMom »

Wengero wrote:
Thinine wrote:
looking at your dock icon(almost all of them have a seperate look when your away)
The default dock icon looks exactly the same whether I am available or away - and it's missing that nice little sign that used to appear on it when I was away or idle.
Catfish_Man
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Catfish_Man »

MacMom wrote:
Wengero wrote:
Thinine wrote:Yes, bring back the Away palette! If you use a borderless window for your contacts, there's currently no way to tell if you're away. That's highly annoying.
The default dock icon looks exactly the same whether I am available or away - and it's missing that nice little sign that used to appear on it when I was away or idle.
This is fixed for 0.81
MacMom
Crema

Post by MacMom »

Thanks. :)
mehve
Harmless

Post by mehve »

One thing I miss from .77 is the reformat incoming messages feature in the advanced section of the preferences. Its new incarnation just doesn't cut it: if the person-I'm-talking-to's font is bolded it won't de-bold it. Really annoying. Well, kind of annoying.
staticnz
Harmless

Post by staticnz »

phlops wrote:
staticnz wrote:the thing i miss the most is the "Connect All"/"Disconnect All" menu options.

If i had a few of my accounts online, i could previously use the "Connect All" option to bring the rest online. Now I have to set ALL accounts to offline, then bring them all back online again.
Not quite. Use the statuses in the Status menu (the status items at the top, don't root through your account submenus). These will change the available/away/offline for all online accounts just as you'd expect.
I'm afraid not.. If 2 of my 8 accounts are offline, changing my master status to ANY of the "available" or "away" statuses changes this only for the online accounts. the offline ones remain offline :(
gabriel
Harmless

Post by gabriel »

Another vote for bringing back the away time indicator... it was useful!

-gabriel
cruciarius
Frappa

Post by cruciarius »

gabriel wrote:Another vote for bringing back the away time indicator... it was useful!

-gabriel
yes, please bring this back. though...i don't see how useful it could be, but i liked to see how long i had the away msg up for.
SS3 GokouX
Harmless

Post by SS3 GokouX »

Another vote for the time. I used it to see how long I've been sleeping or at class and such. Very useless, but... yeah, just really useless but neat.