Adium has suddenly stopped showing my contacts

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
magicman
Harmless

Adium has suddenly stopped showing my contacts

Postby magicman » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey all,

I've been using adium with no issues for about a year on OSX but suddenly for the last month or so my contact list is empty ... people can start chats with me but since I can not see who else is online or offline at all in the main contact list panel I can not initiate a conversation with the people I want to.

Any idea why this has happened? I tried uninstalling adium by putting it in the recycle bin and reinstalling but the same issue happens again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Adium has suddenly stopped showing my contacts

Postby Robby » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Which service(s) (https://adium.im/help/pgs/Accounts-ListOfServices.html) are you using in Adium?

To fully uninstall Adium you would have to delete associated preferences. Deleting the app itself only helps in very rare circumstances. We can revisit this troubleshooting step later.

magicman
Harmless

Postby magicman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

I'm using xmpp and MSN messenger. I'd love to know how to delete associated preferences to try a fresh install ...

magicman
Harmless

Postby magicman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 am

Hmm it seems mainly a problem with my xmpp address. When I go into accounts and try to connect my xmpp address I get the continaul error "Error: SSL Handshake Failed" and it just re-keeps trying but fails each time. Any ideas?

magicman
Harmless

Postby magicman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:02 am

Another thing I just noticed, I can sign in with MSN messenger account (for some reason my xmpp account no longer shows up as a login option) and I can see when people come online in the little box in the right of my screen, but I can still not see anyone in my contact list. It's just blank, even though im in green mode and online.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:12 pm

To troubleshoot your preferences see "4." from https://adium.im/help/pgs/TroubleshootingTips.html.

Return to “Adium”