Adium will not connect

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
genik
Harmless

Adium will not connect

Post by genik »

The loading ring just keeps on spinning and spinning but without beeing able to connect! How can i deal with this?
Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Adium will not connect

Post by Robby »

Which service(s) are you using in Adium? When did the problem start happening? Did Adium connect previously? Are there any errors?

You are not giving people any information to go by at all…
genik
Harmless

Post by genik »

Robby wrote:Which service(s) are you using in Adium? When did the problem start happening? Did Adium connect previously? Are there any errors?
You are not giving people any information to go by at all…
Yes you are right, im sorry. Well as for services, im using yahoo and hotmail.
Yes it was connecting previously.
Where can i spot the errors?
Derik
Harmless

Post by Derik »

I am not expert either, but the MSN services stopped working several days ago. It is a known bug and some people said the Adium guys had a plan to resolve the issue.. I am not sure if bug applies to the Yahoo chat Hotmail, but the latter is also owned by MicroSoft.
derik
Adium 1.5.10 running on OSX Mountain LIon (10.8.5)
genik
Harmless

Post by genik »

Derik wrote:I am not expert either, but the MSN services stopped working several days ago. It is a known bug and some people said the Adium guys had a plan to resolve the issue.. I am not sure if bug applies to the Yahoo chat Hotmail, but the latter is also owned by MicroSoft.
Isn't there any official announcement from Adium if there should be such an issue?
Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Robby »

genik wrote:Isn't there any official announcement from Adium if there should be such an issue?
Yes, there is – in another thread here: http://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewtopic. ... 63#p138766

With MSN and Yahoo (http://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26488) there are currently connection issues.