Changing the default chat-input-line font.

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
AndiJF
Harmless

Changing the default chat-input-line font.

Postby AndiJF » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Since upgrading to Mac with a larger screen, I'm having difficulty reading the text I type into the chat-input line in Adium. I can, of course, adjust for each line by tapping Cmd-+ but that is not especially convenient to do for every single line. I know how to adjust the font in which chat lines are displayed in the chat-window, it is only the input-line that puzzles me. Can anyone help me with this?
I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat...

27" iMac Intel Core i7 3.5GHz 16GB. OS/X 10.11.6. Adium 1.5.10.3b1

AndiJF
Harmless

Re: Changing the default chat-input-line font.

Postby AndiJF » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Please ignore my posting above. Immediately after posting, I worked out how to do this:

Changing the font in which plain text is displayed:

Open the Font Panel using “Show Fonts” in the Format menu.
Type some text into the input line.
Select it.
Set its font using the Font Panel.
Click the “Save This Setting As My Default Font” button. This saves the plain-text-display font.
Press Esc. This clears the input line; when you next type your message, it will be plain-text, displayed in the newly-selected plain-text font.
I have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat...

27" iMac Intel Core i7 3.5GHz 16GB. OS/X 10.11.6. Adium 1.5.10.3b1

Return to “Adium”