All my contacts are gone!

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
brockatwork
Harmless

All my contacts are gone!

Postby brockatwork » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi, I created a login to try and solve this issue. I am on the latest Adium release. My Contacts List is now completely empty. I've been using it for years and all of a sudden they are all gone. I can search for names and sometimes they come up, but they come up as unauthorized (google chat). I use it for google chat and AIM. What in the world has happened? This is quite catastrophic. I might have accidentally deleted them all in one fell swoop?

If that is the case, how can I restore order? I've attempted to sign out, delete app, disable and reenable my accounts. I can't sort it. Help please!

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: All my contacts are gone!

Postby Robby » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:26 am

Hi.

First of all, I'm pretty confident your contacts are not gone. In many, many years of using Adium and giving support to users I haven't seen one instance of contacts being deleted.

Step 1:
Are you connected? From the "Adium" menu open "Preferences…" and select the accounts pane. Are your Gtalk and AIM accounts connected?

danielo
Harmless

Postby danielo » Tue May 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey, is there any backups database where all the contacts are stored? It would really help me right now.
To want to, is to be able to.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Contacts are usually saved on whatever server you connect to with Adium.

Return to “Adium”