Dock icon

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Dock icon

Post by Crypt »

Ive always wanted to make my own but dont know how. can some one tell me how of if theres is an online guide or something thanx jon.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

anyone?
Jon
Harmless

Post by Jon »

well long ago i think i saw a psd file of Dock icon ( if I am not imagining things :lol: ), I tried to find it but I couldn't if someone has it I am sure they will point us to the right direction :D
Wengero
Crema

Post by Wengero »

really easy to make one, adium is always user friendly

the quick way:
figure out if you want your dock icon to be animated(spinning etc...) or if you want it more static(default adium logo), then find use one you already have as a template. go to ~/library/application support/adium 2.0/dock icons/(name of the dock icon you want) and make a copy of it. then right click and show package contents. now make your own images for away, idle, offline, online, and if you want a connecting image make what you want it to look like in still frames(flash is good for this)
then just name the files like in the existing icon and double click on the .plist file, rename the author and the name and the rest you can figure out yourself easily
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

ok i did everything you said but how do i make my own icon. like i see you made your own. howd you or who ever make the duck look like darth vader? i dont know how to do that. what program should i use?
thelouisguy
Latté

Post by thelouisguy »

I like using Gimp. It's open source and free!!! It works just fine for me. You can download it here http://www.gimp.org/.
wunderwood
Crema

Post by wunderwood »

Most of us use Photoshop. Photoshop is best for this kind of work. But if you don't already have photoshop I wouldn't go out and spend a few hundred dollars to get it. Give that gimp program a try. Maybe photoshop elements. Or any program your comfortable using that ether edits images or exports images. Have fun!
Ducks for everyone!
http://homepage.mac.com/wunderwood
-Wes
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

ok im using photoshop cuz my bro has it and has it on his mac. now how do you make the outfits for the ducks. ive tried and still have no clue how to get it same if i want them to bend their hand or arm because say they were holding something.???? any help would be apreccciated thx.
Lysistrata
Frappa

Post by Lysistrata »

Crypt wrote:ok im using photoshop cuz my bro has it and has it on his mac. now how do you make the outfits for the ducks. ive tried and still have no clue how to get it same if i want them to bend their hand or arm because say they were holding something.???? any help would be apreccciated thx.

Ok, this makes it no longer a dock icon question, but a "how do I use photoshop?" question. And and I know, for me, it would take hours to explain. The best I can offer is to study up and practice on your photoshop skills 'cause there's really no quick fix at this point. Personally, I've been using Photoshop full-time for 5+ years and I continuously learn more as I go along. Good luck to you.

--Lys
Actually, it's above 50,000 now, I just haven't changed it
wunderwood
Crema

Post by wunderwood »

Well said Lys. I didn't know how to answer this one myself.
Ducks for everyone!
http://homepage.mac.com/wunderwood
-Wes
twopeak
Crema

Post by twopeak »

someone talked about the high-res Adiumy...
there's a link in this topic somewere http://forums.cocoaforge.com/viewtopic.php?t=94
Rather at the beginning of the topic (in the first 3 pages I think)
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

well ive been learning and trying to make myself and icon of a duck looking into a vintage movie camera but the camera kind of just looks like a box with somehow twigs sticking out of it. and then im attempted to make an xman duck specifiacally wolverine so the feather s at the end looked like his medal claws but that just got really hard and screwed up. im still trying but unless someones else makes it that would be wicked.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

once again i tried today and failed miserably. look i cant even spell.
zaudragon
Growl Team

Post by zaudragon »

Crypt wrote:once again i tried today and failed miserably. look i cant even spell.

It's OK, lots of us have expensive tools and can't tap into their full power. (Did you ever use all those gears on that bicycle? Probably not.)

I mean, I have an iBook, and I don't use all of its powers (to develope, for example).
Blog | X(tras)
Communists code without classes.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

but i really wanted that adiumy of the duck filming with a vintage film camera like this http://www.nwmangum.com/Kodak/images/CineKM8-1.jpg
considering ill be a film student staring this coming fall.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

ok im just going to flat open ask. does anyone want to make that adiumy for me? if not that i guess to bad for me. if yes than i thank you for eternity.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

ok no one cares so thread is dead.
Simba Cub
Crema

Post by Simba Cub »

What Adiumy? I don't have the skills, I'm just curious!

Rich::
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

but i really wanted that adiumy of the duck filming with a vintage film camera like this http://www.nwmangum.com/Kodak/images/CineKM8-1.jpg
considering ill be a film student staring this coming fall.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by Crypt »

anyone?