0.83 - AIM

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:26 am

The ticket has a new link, at the bottom, to what will be 0.84 if it works properly. It's hosted on cachefly so will give you full download speeds... please try it and report success/failure in the ticket :)
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

vaticdart
Harmless

Postby vaticdart » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:16 pm

Adam,

Sorry to join the minority... the new build didn't completely work either. Certainly a lot less people were missing from my buddy list than with the official 0.83 build, but there were still a couple who were missing.

This was on my work computer, a 400Mhz G4 tower running 10.3.9. Haven't tried it yet on either of my own Macs running Tiger.

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:23 pm

vaticdart wrote:Adam,

Sorry to join the minority... the new build didn't completely work either. Certainly a lot less people were missing from my buddy list than with the official 0.83 build, but there were still a couple who were missing.

This was on my work computer, a 400Mhz G4 tower running 10.3.9. Haven't tried it yet on either of my own Macs running Tiger.

Any console logging (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app)?
The duck still burns.

--

My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

Adam Iser
Crema

Postby Adam Iser » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:31 pm

vaticdart wrote:Adam,

Can you please give the Adium X v0.84 build a try?

Which protocol are you seeing these issues with?

I'd also appreciate verification that:
- You only have one copy of Adium running
- The about box says v0.84
- The 'missing' contacts appear online when you connect using the same account with the official client.
- The 'missing' contacts are not included in any meta-contact on your list (Please scan all online contacts, the contacts may be within another)

If you are indeed seeing issues with contacts not appearing online in 0.84, please instruct those contacts to message you. When they message you, which status icon displayed on their tab (Gray dot, blue dot, green dot?).

Also, please examine your console logs (using Console.app in applications/utilities) while launching Adium. Look for the presence of any new "CRITICAL **" messages in the console. It is very likely that you have these messages in your console from running Adium 0.83, so please confirm that the messages (if you see them) are indeed new and appearing each time you launch Adium v0.84.

thanks

vaticdart
Harmless

0.84 Running Great

Postby vaticdart » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:47 pm

Adam,

Just downloaded 0.84 and fired it up, seems to work great. Thanks.

clyder
Harmless

Postby clyder » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:30 pm

I had the same buddy list problem but I downgraded to 0.82 and it worked fine. I would download the new 0.84 version but when i had the 0.83 version it seemed to crash ALOT like every 5 minutes it would crash, sometimes it would crash right when i opened it. Adium had never crashed for me before. my question is has anyone had this problem and if so is it fixed in the newer 0.84 version?

Return to “Adium”