opening migrated logs

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
runcolorado
Harmless

opening migrated logs

Postby runcolorado » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:40 pm

I had to switch very quickly to a new machine (running Tiger) and would like to know how I can view the files that were located in Library/Application Support/Adium/Users/Default/Logs, which were the only files I had the chance to grab (actually I grabbed the whole parent folder, "Adium). I'm using a different screen name and obviously a different computer and user. The files I'm talking about all look like "AIM.screenname" and I think they're supposed to be but I can't get them to open as such (not by dragging them into Safari or changing the default app) and when I open them as text files I just get a bunch of gobbeldygook. But there is very clearly information in these files...help? Cheers.

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:28 pm

gobbelygood? They should be HTML.
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

Adam Iser
Crema

Re: opening migrated logs

Postby Adam Iser » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:29 pm

runcolorado wrote:I had to switch very quickly to a new machine (running Tiger) and would like to know how I can view the files that were located in Library/Application Support/Adium/Users/Default/Logs, which were the only files I had the chance to grab (actually I grabbed the whole parent folder, "Adium). I'm using a different screen name and obviously a different computer and user. The files I'm talking about all look like "AIM.screenname" and I think they're supposed to be but I can't get them to open as such (not by dragging them into Safari or changing the default app) and when I open them as text files I just get a bunch of gobbeldygook. But there is very clearly information in these files...help? Cheers.

The AIM.screenname's are folders, which contain folders, which contain .html logs that can be dropped on safari for viewing...

Return to “Adium”