Adium 1.6.5 Oscar Connection and Migration

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
rich1
Harmless

Adium 1.6.5 Oscar Connection and Migration

Postby rich1 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Hi. I've been an Adium user since back in the day (2001-ish) and have been using version 1.6.5 for the majority of the time. However, sometime in the last couple of weeks, I lost my ability to connect/login to oscar (via toc.oscar.aol.com:9898). If someone knows why this is happening and/or a fix and could enlighten me, that would be appreciated since it would spare my migrating to the new Adium.

I say spare because I have a rather large buddy list (250+) and from the looks of things, I will have to manually enter all these buddies again. Am I correct in this conclusion or does someone know an easier/better way to import a previous Adium buddy list?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
-Rich

jstamos
Growl Team

Postby jstamos » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:07 am

To answer the first question, Adium 1.6 is no longer supported, and hasn't been updated in quite a while. Code is likely no longer going to function due to protocol changes or something of the like, and will not be updated. So, if you'd like to continue using Adium, upgrading to the current version is necessary.

Adam Iser
Crema

Re: Adium 1.6.5 Oscar Connection and Migration

Postby Adam Iser » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:56 am

1) Export your list using Adium 1.x.
2) Import your list using the official client.

Your list is now on the server and ready for use with any of the modern clients.

Return to “Adium”