Questions and Requests

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
MiraiKlenta
Harmless

Questions and Requests

Postby MiraiKlenta » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:13 pm

These are probably some simple questions but I'm not finding how.

1) Is there a way to refresh the buddy list? I changed some stuff (i.e. group names, SNs into new groups) via the actual AIM program but I don't see it reflected in Adium. Is there a way to do this?

1a) If not, how can I edit the group name or for that matter, the screen name?

2) When I log on with more than one SN and then log back off with one of them, why do the group names from the logged off SN still exist on the remaining's list?

Now for a few things I would like to see in the future:

1) Something similar to the Windows version of the IM windows. By that I mean, each person's message is its own block with their font color, size, type, and background choices.

2) Being able to choose my own font (color, size, type) and background for my messages and actually sending it to the other user.

3) Away messages applying only to accounts you wish. As in, if you have two accounts on, you can choose that the away message only applies to one of them.

Thanks ahead of time!

dchoby98
Adium Team

Re: Questions and Requests

Postby dchoby98 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:25 pm

1. If you disconnect and then reconnect the accounts which you have changed, we'll reload your contact list from the servers. That should update everything.

1a. You can't change group names right now (but you can give them an alias which has the same effect: Get Info for a group, click the Settings tab). You also can't change a person's name in the contact list, but you can of course always add a new person and delete the old one.

3. Hopefully, coming with the Great Status System Rewrite of .80.

TheSilverFox06
Grandé

Postby TheSilverFox06 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:45 pm

2. Format > Show Fonts. Highlighting is planned for some time in the future, I believe.

cbarrett
Adium Team

Re: Questions and Requests

Postby cbarrett » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:34 am

1) You can't change group names in Adium (you can give them Aliases, though

3) This may (or may not!) happen when 0.8 is released.[/list]

rosefox
Harmless

Postby rosefox » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:15 pm

TheSilverFox06 wrote:2. Format > Show Fonts.

This doesn't seem to let me change the font for a message I want to send. I'm also not able to find any place where I can set my default font to something other than Helvetica. I can change incoming fonts, the font for the message header, and the fonts for my buddy list, but not the font for my outgoing message! Help?
Ask me about my vow of silence.

FredAkbar
Crema

Postby FredAkbar » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:16 am

rosefox wrote:
TheSilverFox06 wrote:2. Format > Show Fonts.

This doesn't seem to let me change the font for a message I want to send. I'm also not able to find any place where I can set my default font to something other than Helvetica. I can change incoming fonts, the font for the message header, and the fonts for my buddy list, but not the font for my outgoing message! Help?

I just tried it, and it seems to work fine for me. What message style are you using? Keep in mind that what displays in Adium (font, color, etc. of your outgoing text) may not be the same as what your buddy (the person with whom you are talking) receives. But I'm using the Simple message style and I hit Cmd-T, changed the font and color, and it did indeed send with the new font and color (I sent it to another screen name which was logged in with the AIM client, so I know it was sent properly).
Fred / Adium X 1.2.7
20" iMac w/ Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 256 MB Radeon X1600 / 250 GB HD / OS 10.5.4
FreeRice. Play a free vocab game on this ad-supported site to help fight world hunger.

Return to “Adium”