Surprise: New Xtras Site!

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Surprise: New Xtras Site!

Postby zac » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:14 am

The new, beta Xtras site: http://adiumxtras.com

Note: this site is LIVE. Any changes you make here will take effect.

Take a look at the nifty 'install' links. ;)
Last edited by zac on Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kirk
Mocha

Postby kirk » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:19 am

Oh man, that's beautiful. Very classy. Great job, devs.
the sky is going to crush you.

DeathAxe
Frappa

Re: Surprise: New Xtras Site!

Postby DeathAxe » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:00 am

nice website :)
Image Please search the forums and trac before posting!

port80
Muffin

Postby port80 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:00 am

<interface ocd>

Is it possible to add a list of the pages in the current catagory at the bottom of the list of extras, not just at the top? Right now, going through a list of extras requires this procedure: Click page link -> Scroll down -> Reach bottom -> Scroll up -> Click page link.

With a page list at the bottom, this would take one less step: Click page link -> Scroll down -> Reach bottom -> Click page link (new page reloads at top).

</interface ocd>

Beyond that, the new site is great - a lot more content on the screen, and the direct-install links are very nice indeed.

Edit: Wow, and I just noticed that your search terms are maintained when you switch between extra categories after a site search. Now, that is nice. The only downside right now is that once you're inside a category with a saved search, there's no way to get rid of the saved search terms other than running an empty search. Maybe a "View All <$categoryname>" link next to "searching for XXXX" in the headers would be helpful.
You can have root when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:08 am

port80 wrote:<interface ocd>

Is it possible to add a list of the pages in the current catagory at the bottom of the list of extras, not just at the top? Right now, going through a list of extras requires this procedure: Click page link -> Scroll down -> Reach bottom -> Scroll up -> Click page link.

With a page list at the bottom, this would take one less step: Click page link -> Scroll down -> Reach bottom -> Click page link (new page reloads at top).

</interface ocd>

Beyond that, the new site is great - a lot more content on the screen, and the direct-install links are very nice indeed.

Edit: Wow, and I just noticed that your search terms are maintained when you switch between extra categories after a site search. Now, that is nice. The only downside right now is that once you're inside a category with a saved search, there's no way to get rid of the saved search terms other than running an empty search. Maybe a "View All <$categoryname>" link next to "searching for XXXX" in the headers would be helpful.

I was considering a [x] link next to each particular thing (there's about 5-6 different search filters, currently.. though some are mutually exclusive), that'd merely remove it from the query. We'll see. I was considering how to go about it. SF.net uses the [x] method.

Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Crypt » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:38 am

i like it alot except i miss the white and orange backgrounds
"Bite my shiny metal ass!"
- Bender

adiumx DOT com MOTHA F**KA!

Catfish_Man
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Catfish_Man » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:41 am

A minor caution: Webinstall in 0.80-0.84 is slightly experimental. I'm working on some refinements to it for 0.85. It works well for most xtras, but things like bundles with readmes/multiple files mess it up some.

Oh, and Zac gets like a zillion awesome points for the new site. More efficient code, new categories, non-fixed-width, webinstall, integration with the main page, etc... all in a few days. Very nice work :)

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:50 am

Crypt wrote:i like it alot except i miss the white and orange backgrounds

Oh well, move on.

Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Crypt » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:02 am

The_Tick wrote:
Crypt wrote:i like it alot except i miss the white and orange backgrounds

Oh well, move on.

hahah i know ill get used to it. and dam your ruthless. not to be mean or anything. its kinda funny

- Bender

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:06 am

I miss the background as Crypt also stated... sort of plain. Coming from me thats good. I am not an adium fan boy that is going to be like:

OMGZ The site is teh sex...l!ke omg!!!11!

its good but a bit plane.

I give honest opinions, not fake ones.

Theow593
Latté

Postby Theow593 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:10 am

I hope the old site isn't completely abandoned just yet. I submitted an Xtra this afternoon, and I hope it will get passed asap.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:31 am

Theow593 wrote:I hope the old site isn't completely abandoned just yet. I submitted an Xtra this afternoon, and I hope it will get passed asap.

Both sites share the same database, there is no difference in terms of content. Mine is just a complete rewrite of the old one.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:42 am

Xianghua wrote:I miss the background as Crypt also stated... sort of plain.

You just miss the color orange? The background was nothing special...

Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Crypt » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:46 am

its not even the color its just the site looks really ugly due to lack of color. its too white and then you just have the blue adium bar with some tabs i guess to screenshots and all. if you did something with the background color or something it would look fine other than that amazing job

- Bender

da_baum
Frappa

Re: Surprise: New Xtras Site!

Postby da_baum » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:52 am

Well, even if no one else likes it, I think it's good. Orange was gettin a little old.

Diatribe
Frappa

Postby Diatribe » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:37 am

Awesome job. Looks great. The only thing is that the individual comments for an xtra are kinda hard to read. It just looks weird. Other than that, really nice.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:09 am

Diatribe wrote:The only thing is that the individual comments for an xtra are kinda hard to read.
Hard to read? Howso? The font is *larger* and there's more padding. I find it hard to believe that it's harder to read.

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:01 am

Orange looks unprofessional. The new site is much better :)
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

da_baum
Frappa

Postby da_baum » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:46 am

evands wrote:Orange looks unprofessional. The new site is much better :)

Agreed.

andru_911
Frappa

Postby andru_911 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:39 am

zac wrote:
Diatribe wrote:The only thing is that the individual comments for an xtra are kinda hard to read.
Hard to read? Howso? The font is *larger* and there's more padding. I find it hard to believe that it's harder to read.

looks great...the info blurbs after the first page (when you select one of the types of xtras) is a little hard to read...more space between each xtra would look much better...but then again it isn't that big of a deal...good work!

Return to “Adium”