Pasting links not working?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
starfx6464
Harmless

Pasting links not working?

Postby starfx6464 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:44 am

I can't say for certain if this is a result of the update, but just tonight I noticed that I can't send a buddy a link directly without using the "add link" command. That is, a link that goes into any subdirectory like "apple.com/itunes". If I type in or paste the address into the window, I can see it, but once I push enter it disappears and never sends the message. Anybody else having the same problem?

edit:
I should also point out that I found that I can apparently link to an actual file (such as apple.com/apple.jpg). It appears to mainly affect linking to a directory without specifying a file.

LuxuryChair
Frappa

Postby LuxuryChair » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:18 am

Curious. Have you tried adding the slash?

apple.com/itunes/ <--- that ending slash?

it shouldn't be necessary, of course, but maybe thats a workaround until something happens...

Adam Iser
Crema

Postby Adam Iser » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:55 am

Is it possible that you have a script triggering on "/itunes"?

starfx6464
Harmless

Postby starfx6464 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:10 pm

Apparently, yes... I do have a script set up to use /itunes. I never even knew. I suppose I never pasted a link containing that until now. But thank you, wow. I would have never guessed nor thought of that. Now where can I change or edit that? Perhaps even remove the script all together? I've been looking all over the place but apparently have no clue where all the user installed items are actually located.

Or maybe it's not even user installed? It's under the heading "Application Connections." I can't seem to find that script pack or how to remove it and/or edit it.

Adam Iser
Crema

Postby Adam Iser » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:26 pm

starfx6464
Harmless

Postby starfx6464 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:06 am

Thanks, I found the offending script set and removed it. Works fantastically now. The only problem I have now is that I still see scripts that I know I installed a long time ago and aren't in that folder. Is there any place else they could be hiding?

And thank you very much for the help. Very much appreciated.

Return to “Adium”