growl notifications when adium is in the background

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
hibou
Harmless

growl notifications when adium is in the background

Postby hibou » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:11 pm

hello --

I can't figure out how to made Adium display Growl notifications only when Adium's not the frontmost application. i.e., when I'm working in another app I want to see a Growl notification for signing on, signing off, messages, etc., but no sound or bouncing or name in the dock; when I'm in Adium I want to use the default notifications. How do I do this?

(I'm new to Growl. Using the latest versions of Adium, Growl, and OS X)

thanks!

Sean
Latté

Postby Sean » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:21 pm

Go to Adium preferences > Events pane > and on "Message received (Background chat)" click the + sign in the bottom left and it should pop up a sheet to pick the action. You just want to select "Display a Growl notification" from the drop down list and then just hit OK.

The same way you added an action, you can remove existing actions with the minus sign.

hibou
Harmless

Postby hibou » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:34 pm

Sean wrote:Go to Adium preferences > Events pane > and on "Message received (Background chat)" click the + sign in the bottom left and it should pop up a sheet to pick the action. You just want to select "Display a Growl notification" from the drop down list and then just hit OK.

yes, but what about the rest? when a contact signs on or off, etc? I see how to do that with Growl, but I only want Growl to notify me when Adium's in the background.

Return to “Adium”