Phantom scrollbar region on contact list [0.72]

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Kosh
Harmless

Phantom scrollbar region on contact list [0.72]

Postby Kosh » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:38 am

While I try to remember what problems I posted in the old forums, I figured I might as well post a new cosmetic one that came up again. Occasionally, when Adium is in the background and a lot of time has gone by (i.e., I've used several apps, left the screensaver on, etc), I'll notice that the left-side icons on the contact list have been moved to the left and a non-translucent strip of windows background the width of a scrollbar appears on the right. Here's a shot:

Just bringing the window to the front doesn't fix it, but if I do anything to the window, or even start to drag it, the region disappears and the icons snap back to the right edge of the window.

This is with 0.72, but I noticed it with at least 0.71 and I think 0.70. It doesn't happen all the time, and it's a minor cosmetic problem, so I haven't been too worrried about it.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:26 am

Interesting. Don't think I've seen that, but then my list usually has a bunch of groups collapsed -and- sits on the taller of my screens so it rarely has a scrollbar. If you can figure out a way to make it happen reliably be sure to let us know. :)
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

Kosh
Harmless

Postby Kosh » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:36 am

Yea, finding a pattern will be tricky :/ For example, I haven't touched Adium since yesterday, but the contact list is still sitting there without a phantom scrollbar region :shrug:

As you can probably tell, I have a small set of people I keep in my contact list, and I keep offline contacts visible, so I've sized the window to be large enough to show them all without a scrollbar. I'm using an ICQ account, so don't have any "groups".

Is there anything that would cause another row to temporarily appear in the contact list, then disappear with no evidence? The margin I've left at the bottom isn't big enough for another line (it's there just so I can deselect easily), so if something did appear, it would force a scrollbar.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Return to “Adium”