Status Messages

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Issaferret
Harmless

Status Messages

Postby Issaferret » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:56 pm

Here's a feature I love and miss from my usual clients:

'Online' status messages. I'm not away, but I want some pithy thaying up letting people know what's up with me. Just like iChat does.

What do people think about them, and, in case I go mad and contemplate trying to implement it myself, what kind of obstructions are there, in this multiprotocol environment?

TheSilverFox06
Grandé

Postby TheSilverFox06 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:20 pm

As discussed before, this will be implimented in the huge status system rewrite for .8.

Issaferret
Harmless

*looks sheepish*

Postby Issaferret » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:23 pm

Argh. I had hoped I wasn't stating something for which the answer was RTFM - apparently I missed the discussion of what was going into .8.

TheSilverFox06
Grandé

Postby TheSilverFox06 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:41 pm

Don't worry about it - that was your first post, and a lot of the discussion was happening in the older forums, so there might not have been too much about it yet in these forums.

Just know that the status system is gonna be very different and very better in .8.

very better?

Adam Iser
Crema

Postby Adam Iser » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:57 pm

TheSilverFox06 wrote:Just know that the status system is gonna be very different and very better in .8.

There is no guarantee that there will be any changes made to the status system for the .8 release, and I am not aware of any changes to that area in the current source.

Careful with the xxxx in version #.# rumors. :)

Return to “Adium”