Paste text formatting into chat issue

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
sybersnake
Harmless

Paste text formatting into chat issue

Post by sybersnake »

i don't know if any of you guys are having this issue, but a lot of times i copy/paste text from a webpage into my chat window and its very aggravating to have the style of the copied text override my set style in the chat. (say if the copied text is white, which can't be read when pasted). If there was some sort of option where you can force all pasted text to convert to the font setting specified in the chat window, that'd be awesome.

anyway, keep up the good work.

kirk
Mocha

Post by kirk »

Upgrade to 1.0b? Maybe that'll fix it.
the sky is going to crush you.
sybersnake
Harmless

Post by sybersnake »

do i just have to pull it out of SVN and compile it or are there 1.0b build .dmgs floating around?
FredAkbar
Crema

Post by FredAkbar »

1.0b8 was released today, though beta.adiumx.com's download link still is for 1.0b7. You can always download b7 and have it check for updates and download the b8 update for you.
Fred / Adium X 1.2.7
20" iMac w/ Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 256 MB Radeon X1600 / 250 GB HD / OS 10.5.4
FreeRice. Play a free vocab game on this ad-supported site to help fight world hunger.
sybersnake
Harmless

Post by sybersnake »

wonderful.

nope, not fixed yet. It doesn't convert the (text to be pasted) to the desired style.
m2e
Mocha

Post by m2e »

For me this is what happens: It copies the text and reformats it into my default messaging text, but with a black colour. Bold, italics etc should be your default font for messages.
sybersnake
Harmless

Post by sybersnake »

Verdana, Regular, 11pt, Black

here, http://www.steelskies.com/coverflow/faq.php , copy some white text into your window and see what happens. (also for me when copying say 18pt text it will show up as 18pt in the chat window)
m2e
Mocha

Post by m2e »

Ah whoops sorry. It used to wortk for me, but i can't seem to remember how. Sorry about that!
sybersnake
Harmless

Post by sybersnake »

annoying, ain't it. lol
evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by evands »

It'll work as desired in 1.0 final... paste is still in some working stages, and in fact 1.0b8 is a step backwards in a couple ways for reasons which will remain.. mysterious. To everyone but me, who is responsible :P
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)
sybersnake
Harmless

Post by sybersnake »

im really new to objective-c and the osx platform in general for c-level software dev, but i may pull the code out of SVN and check it out sometime later. Should i just checkout /trunk/ ?
evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Post by evands »

sybersnake wrote:im really new to objective-c and the osx platform in general for c-level software dev, but i may pull the code out of SVN and check it out sometime later. Should i just checkout /trunk/ ?
Yup. GettingNewestAdiumSource has the full information on checking out the source.

If you're looking at the paste functionality in particular, the class in question is AIMessageEntryTextView, in the function pasteAsPlainTextWithTraits: for the default "smart" paste behavior which is a work in progress.
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)