New iChat - any thoughts?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Crypt
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Crypt » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:41 am

@ Rob W: have you tried aMSN or MercuryMessenger? They both support video chat.

Rob W
Harmless

Postby Rob W » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:52 am

Crypt wrote:@ Rob W: have you tried aMSN or MercuryMessenger? They both support video chat.

Thanks for the tip Crypt, but since installing Adium I've become so happy with it that I've forgotten about video. And can wait until it's implemented here. However long it take... :grin:

skoo
Muffin

Postby skoo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:12 pm

there's also the option of doing a simultaneous login with aim on Adium and iChat. The only bug there is that you can't choose which messenger gets the im's... but at least you're taking advantage of the h.264 codec.

Rob W
Harmless

Postby Rob W » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:16 pm

skoo wrote:there's also the option of doing a simultaneous login with aim on Adium and iChat. The only bug there is that you can't choose which messenger gets the im's... but at least you're taking advantage of the h.264 codec.

When you say "you can't choose which messenger gets the im's..." what do you mean exactly?

skoo
Muffin

Postby skoo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:55 am

Rob W wrote:
skoo wrote:there's also the option of doing a simultaneous login with aim on Adium and iChat. The only bug there is that you can't choose which messenger gets the im's... but at least you're taking advantage of the h.264 codec.

When you say "you can't choose which messenger gets the im's..." what do you mean exactly?

from what I've noticed, iChat seems to have the hierarchy over Adium when it comes to receiving messages. Not really sure if that could be changed. Maybe the whole simultaneous login feature was meant so you can, for example, be logged in at home and at work on iChat, not necessarily through Adium.

evands
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby evands » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:14 pm

If one connected client is Available and another is Away or Invisible, messages go the Available one. If they're both in the same status they will go to both.
The duck still burns.
--
My company: Saltatory Software. Check it out :)

Return to “Adium”