Mute on away

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Kypt
Harmless

Mute on away

Postby Kypt » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:26 pm

Not sure if this has been talked about and I wasn't even sure how to search it, but is there a way (if not is it planned?) to have sounds when availible but have them mute when away? Similar to how Trillian on windows works. If you're availible on ur status then you can hear all the sounds your soundset has etc, but on away it mutes all adium's sound. That would be awesome for me, because I do like some of the sounds on adium, but when I go to bed I don't want to hear every emssage that comes since I also use my machine as an alarm clock. Thanks :)

zaudragon
Growl Team

Postby zaudragon » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:34 pm

You could in 0.6x-0.7x (forget which), but not any more.

It was part of the old status window.
Blog | X(tras)
Communists code without classes.

skoo
Muffin

Postby skoo » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 pm

The option is still there in the custom status creation window.

m2e
Mocha

Postby m2e » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:24 pm

I thought you still can? Try setting a custom status (and saving it) as away, with mute on.
note: i don't dabble in status's myself so i could be wrong.

Kypt
Harmless

Postby Kypt » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:43 pm

Ahh sorry not sure how I missed that. Thanks :)

mushoo
Harmless

Postby mushoo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:17 pm

This has often been a hot topic/dispute, as I recall - I preferred the older way of doing it, with the mute functionality in the status window. Mainly because this was a global setting, as opposed to a per-message setting. As it is right now, all my old saved away messages are not tagged to mute-on-away, which gets very annoying.

I don't really want to go through 50 or so messages and tag them all mute-on-away.

Why not have a global pref setting, and then have the Custom Away Message window have a checkbox for the inverse of whatever the global setting is?

Example: Global setting is Mute on Away, so Custom Message would have 'Do Not Mute' as a checkmark.

Return to “Adium”