iChat Tiger/Leopard Adium Love child

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
medicine
Frappa

iChat Tiger/Leopard Adium Love child

Postby medicine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:12 am

I have been playing with the Adium Nib trying to make it more ichatish and here is what I have so far. None of the buttons work there just for show, would love to get them working but I have no clue how. If any one knows where I can get my hands on the bottom bar icons from Leopard would be very thankful. :grin:

MBHockey
Crema

Postby MBHockey » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:20 am

Looks nice. But isn't the video icon a bit misleading in Adium?

medicine
Frappa

Postby medicine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:22 am

MBHockey wrote:Looks nice. But isn't the video icon a bit misleading in Adium?
Yes very much so but as it doesn't work, I don't mind. would love to get it working and change the icons to message / Info /logs I could easily make the icons, it's just getting them working.
Last edited by medicine on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MBHockey
Crema

Postby MBHockey » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:26 am

Nor do I ;)

But i don't think there is any legal way of obtaining the buttons from Leopard's iChat.

Sean
Latté

Postby Sean » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:30 am

Very nice! Can you post the files (and contact list styles or whatever) please?

I'll ask around for the bottom icons, so far I have the screen sharing one. Person who sent it to me reformatted the Mac however so I'm not sure I can get the rest. Also the icons in Leopard are in PDF format (and big, I guess for resolution independence stuff coming) so I'm not sure it will be what you want. http://www.box.net/public/81zobvizzh

medicine
Frappa

Postby medicine » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:33 am

Sean wrote:Very nice! Can you post the files (and contact list styles or whatever) please?

I'll ask around for the bottom icons, so far I have the screen sharing one. Person who sent it to me reformatted the Mac however so I'm not sure I can get the rest. Also the icons in Leopard are in PDF format (and big, I guess for resolution independence stuff coming) so I'm not sure it will be what you want. http://www.box.net/public/81zobvizzh

Thats but no need to worry about the Lepord Icons Im going make make up new Icons for adium/ichat

• Log

Then maybe these Icons might work one day. I will post the Nibs maybe 2moro, for 2night I need bed (-:

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:47 am

You guys don't find it really odd to have brushed buttons on a aqua window?

Lince
Harmless

Postby Lince » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Maybe they didn't change them yet :shock:

I hope they use those nice white/light gray buttons, like the ones you see when you use the search command in the Finder (not the Spotlight window nor the search field on the Finder window). I love those buttons :D

dajk
Harmless

Postby dajk » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:08 pm

I would like to see these kind of buttons in the contact list. I believe Apple is taking this way more and more in her apps. :)

Lince
Harmless

Postby Lince » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:45 pm

Hmm, yes, those buttons are much better for the task. Clear, light and they don't waste much space :D

skoo
Muffin

Postby skoo » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:09 pm

Lince wrote:Hmm, yes, those buttons are much better for the task. Clear, light and they don't waste much space :D

I second that.

Return to “Adium”