No more sync with Inoreader

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
paulhac
Harmless

No more sync with Inoreader

Postby paulhac » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:40 pm

Since last friday, I can’t sync with Inoreader.
I get a message saying to verify name and password to access Open Reader server.
I did no changes to my name and password and they work fine directly on the InoReader website

Any help ?
Thanks

rjz
Harmless

Re: No more sync with Inoreader

Postby rjz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Same problem here. Inoreader stopped syncing for me as well, about the same time as you. I haven't changed anything and same login/pass works on Inoreader's website and their iOS app.

It's likely a change on Inoreader's side. This happened a few years ago as well, and it turned out that back then Inoreader had changed their API. I dug around on Inoreader's site and couldn't find any changes, but I think we should concentrate on that angle.

janil17
Harmless

Postby janil17 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:30 am

Inoreader is blocking Vienna because they are unhappy with how Vienna syncs with Inoreader.

More information about this is at...

https://github.com/ViennaRSS/vienna-rss/issues/1252

It seems like the issue is complicated and may not be quickly resolved.

rjz
Harmless

Postby rjz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:45 am

That's unfortunate, I like ViennaRSS and Inoreader and hope to continue using both. Hopefully the devs can find a solution.

janil17
Harmless

Postby janil17 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:25 am

Inoreader support gave me this answer when I asked if they were working with the Vienna team to solve the problem.

We are not working with them because our APIs are capable to do this (it's declared in tysdocumentation). And no one asked about that. Please note that this is an open API and clients need to adapt to it not ty kopposite. Also please note that we are having more than 1000 clients using our API (with far more users than Vienna RSS) and they don't behave that way.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure that ty kapp developers will do t canecessary steps to improve their API calls

I exported my feeds from Inoreader and am now running without sync.

andredevleeschouwer
Harmless

Postby andredevleeschouwer » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:15 am

I had the same experience, same message. It looks like this is a definitive situation, since this happened already earlier.

Return to “Vienna”