Need reports about version 3.8.0

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
barijaona
Vienna Team

Need reports about version 3.8.0

Post by barijaona »

We have published two new versions of Vienna : 3.7.4 (for OS X 10.11) and 3.8.0 (for macOS 10.12 or later)

Due to the problem reported at https://github.com/ViennaRSS/vienna-rss/issues/1592, we changed back our recommendation from 3.8.0 to 3.7.4
We apologize for any inconvenience.

However, we would like feedback from people who have already downloaded 3.8.0 : did you notice something you did not like and are you eager to keep 3.8.0 until 3.8.1 is out ?
I contribute to Vienna RSS as a developer.
Please, don't forget those tips for writing a good bug report
throw.away.name
Harmless

Re: Need reports about version 3.8.0

Post by throw.away.name »

That's odd... I'm running 10.13 and Vienna only finds update 3.7.4.
(and it didn't auto-update. Only found 3.7.4 when I clicked 'check for update')

I use Vienna every day and the only notice I had was the errors listed in the Vienna Support RSS-feed.
barijaona
Vienna Team

Re: Need reports about version 3.8.0

Post by barijaona »

throw.away.name wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:23 pm That's odd... I'm running 10.13 and Vienna only finds update 3.7.4.
(and it didn't auto-update. Only found 3.7.4 when I clicked 'check for update')

I use Vienna every day and the only notice I had was the errors listed in the Vienna Support RSS-feed.
Seems logical, we reset the default version to be 3.7.4, but many users have downloaded before that.
And I still entice you to download 3.8.0 manually (or enable the download of beta versions in Preferences) in order to give it a try.
As far as I remember, checks of new versions occur daily; this might explain why you didn’t see it spontaneously.
I contribute to Vienna RSS as a developer.
Please, don't forget those tips for writing a good bug report