Search Criteria NOT Working correctly

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
froggy1956
Harmless

Postby froggy1956 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:08 am

Hi,
I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Vienna Version 2.5.0.2501 on a MacBook.
I have been trying to set up a search for all items that I have flagged, and which I have read.
The criteria are set as 'match all of the following conditions'.
The conditions are 'flagged = yes', and 'read is yes'
However, I get no items showing in the search.
If I change the 'filter by' on the right hand side of the window to 'all items' rather than 'unread items', all is okay, but then that also gives me all items in all feeds, and I don't want that.
It seems to me that the filter is over-riding the search criteria, even when it is specified not to.

Looking forward to any help, or a fix.
Thanks,
Andrew

strickr
Harmless

Re: Search Criteria NOT Working correctly

Postby strickr » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:53 am

As long as we talk about a "smart folder", I can't reproduce your problem.

I have selected a smart folder with criteria flagged:yes and read:yes (both conditions must apply).

If I select filter "unread": Nothing is shown (as expected, as the smart folder shows only read items)
If I select filter "all": I see flagged and unread items (criteria of the smart folder).

froggy1956
Harmless

Postby froggy1956 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:24 pm

strickr wrote:As long as we talk about a "smart folder", I can't reproduce your problem.

I have selected a smart folder with criteria flagged:yes and read:yes (both conditions must apply).

If I select filter "unread": Nothing is shown (as expected, as the smart folder shows only read items)
If I select filter "all": I see flagged and unread items (criteria of the smart folder).

Yes, talking about "smart folder".

That's not what I expect. If I create search criteria, I expect that the search criteria to take precedence, otherwise I have to take out this filter each time I want to view the results of my search criteria.

To me, it is especially useless when the smart folder query has specified that I want READ items.

Thanks,
Andrew

Return to “Vienna”