Strange behaviour on one group only

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
slammer99uk
Harmless

Strange behaviour on one group only

Postby slammer99uk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:35 pm

I have a a number of feeds set up on an NZB indexing site. Each feed is made up of a main group (movies or TV series etc.) I then have a number of subgroup feeds (HD, SD, foreign and so on)

The problem I have is that when I click on an article in the main group Vienna tries (and succeeds) to download the attachment, in this case an NZB file. This is not the case with the sub groups, when I click on an article in the sub groups I just get the article showing in the viewer pane. The strange thing is that this is only happening in one main group (all movies) The other main groups (Audio, TV, Books etc) work as expected.

This is the feed that misbehaves - /rss?t=2000&dl=1&i=27701&r=663d3ee9281a3f8ed32b27bc1868a30a
This is the one that works correctly - /rss?t=5000&dl=1&i=27701&r=663d3ee9281a3f8ed32b27bc1868a30a

As you can see the only difference is the feed number.

There is also an error message shown in the viewer pane when this happens....

The page you requested could not be loaded.

Check the URL (or address) you entered for typing errors such as ww.test.com instead of http://www.test.com.
If the error persists and you are unable to load other pages as well, check your network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that your account, your machine, and Vienna are allowed to access the resource you specified.

Error Information:
Frame load interrupted

Just too reiterate, the correct behaviour I want is to read the article and choose to download the attachment myself by clicking on it in the viewer pane.

Any advice?

Echelon9
Latté

Re: Strange behaviour on one group only

Postby Echelon9 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't suppose you could provide the full URL to each feed so we can compare the feed XML data?

slammer99uk
Harmless

Re: Strange behaviour on one group only

Postby slammer99uk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:13 pm

This seems to have cleared up now, deleting and recreating the feed fixed it. Now replaced by another bad bug after upgrading to 10.9 - I have posted in another thread about this.

Jerry

Return to “Vienna”