Couple of requests

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
Vince
Harmless

Couple of requests

Postby Vince » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Vienna 3.0.0 Beta 18 :8c42af7 on OSX 10.9.

I saw Vienna mentioned on-line last week, and since I just found out Socialite was EOL'd, which I've been using since Apple in its wisdom removed RSS from Safari, I decided to try it out. So far, I like it a lot, so thanks and kudos to all of those that have contributed.

I looked through the past few months of posts and didn't see these, my apologies if I missed something.

1. Have a column in the Article list that contains the same icon that shows on the feed in the Folders list. That way we can easily see which feed an article is for (I almost exclusively use the Unread smart folder, so all of my unread feed articles are grouped together). I know we can show folder name, but that takes up too much room. The icon would be much smaller. I realize not all web sites have "icons" (I'm sure they have an official name, but I don't know what it is), but almost all of my feeds do, and I'd rather have it on most and take up a little space than have the folder name on all and take up a lot of space.

2. In Preferences, have the same kind of font control in over the article text itself that we have over the Article list and Folder list. I can use the Command-minus to reduce the font size, but that only works until I quit Vienna; it doesn't survive a restart.

Thanks again for a great reader!

LoriK
Harmless

Re: Couple of requests -One more!

Postby LoriK » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Ok, since we are having a wish list…the option to add delete button on the toolbar please.

Dus10
Harmless

Re: Couple of requests

Postby Dus10 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:30 pm

I agree. I just downloaded the Beta 3 and I was hoping for a delete button in the toolbar. It would be easier than right clicking....

Echelon9
Latté

Re: Couple of requests

Postby Echelon9 » Sun May 18, 2014 2:00 am

Personally, I find there's never a need to actually delete articles.

For instance, I usually have Vienna setup with "Filter by: Unread articles" on most of the time. Thus is the case that articles disappear when (i) actually read, or (ii) when batch marked as read if I'm not interested in a group.

Return to “Vienna”