WebKit font Size Issue

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
Deimos
Harmless

WebKit font Size Issue

Postby Deimos » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:55 am

Running Vienna 3 Beta 20, there is an issue with the font size used in the article display pane (lower right). On my rMBP 13", the font size is rather large (meaning you really can't read much !!).

Looking in the plist file I see t is set as 16 !!. So I (exit Vienna and) edit the plist file to set it to something more sensible e.g. 10. Run Vienna and no change. Look at the plist file and Vienna has reset it to size 16 again !!

Ideally there should be a preference setting for this, but highest priority is to at least use the plist file setting.

Echelon9
Latté

Re: WebKit font Size Issue

Postby Echelon9 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 am

Have you looked at "Preferences..." -> "Appearance", and does this do what you want?

Directly editing plist files is not best practice and may not always work as expected.

Deimos
Harmless

Re: WebKit font Size Issue

Postby Deimos » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:08 am

Echelon9 wrote:Have you looked at "Preferences..." -> "Appearance", and does this do what you want?

Directly editing plist files is not best practice and may not always work as expected.

Only allows you to set the font size for the lists (folder list and articles list). You can set the font size on the article view pane using the Cmd + and Cmd - but these are "forgotten" on exit and next run it reverts to the large size again.

Return to “Vienna”